How to change the Color of the XMB waves

Prerequisites - Multiman, FAT32 Formatted USB Thumb Drive, One file, Common Sense

1. First things first go to Google and type in "PS3 custom waves download" you should come across some different ones download whichever you choose and you will get a lines.qrc file.

2. Take the lines.qrc file you downloaded and put it on your FAT32 USB Drive.

3. Plug it in to the right USB Slot on your PS3 and open up Multiman

4. On Multiman go over to settings and scroll down til you see Enable Write Acess To Dev Flash go ahead and enable it.

5. Once that's enabled open up mmos open up Dev_Blind then go to VSH now go to resource and now go to qgl you should see a file called lines.qrc go ahead and copy that to your USB Drive (Better to be Safe than Sorry) Now once that's backed up copy the lines.qrc file that you downloaded to Dev-Blind/VSH/Resource/qgl and replace the lines.qrc file.

6. Exit out of Multiman and Enjoy Your new Custom XMB Waves :yayps3:

P.S. I will not be held accountable if you mess up your PS3, if you do mess something up just reinstall the cfw you were on.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there any thread of rendering the PS3 completely inoperable?
If so then you should advice people to keep a hardware flasher ready or make a NAND/NOR dump before attempting it ;]
You know how badly some can mess it up.

Cheers for the guide, I'll check into it, see if I can find a nice XMB wave.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any thread of rendering the PS3 completely inoperable?
If so then you should advice people to keep a hardware flasher ready or make a NAND/NOR dump before attempting it ;]
You know how badly some can mess it up.

Cheers for the guide, I'll check into it, see if I can find a nice XMB wave.

No there really isn't any chance of rendering the PS3 completely inoperable with this even if the user downloads an incorrect or corrupt lines.qrc file all they have to do to fix the problem is to just reinstall whatever CFW they were on before. However as You pointed out regardless it is always a good idea to have a flasher Handy no matter what. In regards to the guide its not a problem honestly i enjoy making Tutorials i'll probably be making some more in the near future so keep an eye out ^_^

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Aye aye.
Yeh coming from 360, everything NAND related is risky by default ;p
Same thing went for the fakeanim plugin.
People somehow still managed to mess it up..

Sweet!
I guess more PS3 related?

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitley more PS3 Related tutorials as for the 360 i haven't looked to much into it as far as how to mod it/ hack it etc. although i have heard that hacking it is a pain in the butt. :sleep:

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's me but reversed I'm noob when it comes to 360 but PS3 is like second nature to me btw if you have any other questions, or requests for me to do a specific tutorial that's PS3 related feel more than free to ask i'd be happy to help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, you didnt fart this time, good