Hacking How to burn/test/play ISO backups

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got into the Wii modding scene. Although I am not a complete noob to modding and getting the most out of my electronics, the Wii is all new to me. The information is overwhelming as there seems to be more than one way to do things, depending on the desired goal.

My Wii is running firmware version 3.4u and I went ahead and followed the tutorial over at Haklabs

Everything seemed to work out. I have the Homebrew and the backup launcher channels installed. All of the homebrew I have tried has tested out OK. After extensive research on burning ISO's I decided to give it a go last night.

The game is "Mario Power Tennis". I used WiiBrickBlocker_v1_3R2 to patch ISO and then proceeded to burn on a Philips DVD-R at 2x with Imgburn.

After the process was complete, I did a PI PO test with DVDinfoPro. the disc had a 99.955 - 100% reliability rating so I figured it was good to go.

I popped the disc in my and fired up the backup launcher. There was definitely sound but not a good picture. There were a bunch of lines on the TV and it almost looked like there was a "tracking" problem like old VCR tapes would have.

Perhaps this is an PAL vs NTSC problem. Maybe I need to downgrade to 3.2 to play ALL backups? I don't know. The ISO is definitely a PAL.

I eagerly await input and I will provide any other important information.

Thanks in advance!

Digital

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use the force NTSC option from the backup launcher. if you have the auto boot channel hold 1 on the wii remote to load the settings menu. then go to the correct option and force video to NTSC. that should solve the problem.

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Thanks, I'll try it now!!! Be back w/ update.
smile.gif

Hells Guardian said:
use the force NTSC option from the backup launcher. if you have the auto boot channel hold 1 on the wii remote to load the settings menu. then go to the correct option and force video to NTSC. that should solve the problem.

It worked!!! Thanks you so much for the help. A simple fix but I don't know if I would have ever figured it out.

Just to clarify my steps for anyone else who may have this problem. I am using the Gamma 0.3 backup loader. I inserted my backup disc and selected to start from the backup loader while holding the "1" button. A pleasing menu popped up and I chose force to NTSC = yes.

Props to Hells Guardian for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up