Hacking RELEASE How to build clean BOOT0/1 files

nerirififi

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got the BSOD problem with a SWITCH OLED.
Modchip was a specific OLED.

That flash the boot0 and Boot 1 for sure, after that no way to boot.
I always test my install and I got Green Led on the modchip so for me all was good.

I test 2 or 3 boot before the final install.
After the green led, all my boot was red led.

So i desolder the nand and and put on FAT SWITCH, and you know what ?
Console start with power button on BOOT.DAT ?
So be really careful on Oled
Is your soft work on 13.2.1 ?

rodrigues14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i try this latest script and give this error

1680915038935.png

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hi there,
I have a Mariko V2 switch with HwFly RP2040 (picofly clone). For some reasons, even if it worked for some boots (the typical "No SD card" page with raspberry logo), it got a black screen.
The emmc is still alive, as I've backed up Boot0, Boo1 and whole nand with mmcblkNX tool.

Boot0 might be messed up. Can I use this tool to rebuild a clean one and trying to boot OFW? I've already removed and desoldered the modchip.
Note: I have not prod keys as I did not have the possibility to boot Hereke

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,
I have a Mariko V2 switch with HwFly RP2040 (picofly clone). For some reasons, even if it worked for some boots (the typical "No SD card" page with raspberry logo), it got a black screen.
The emmc is still alive, as I've backed up Boot0, Boo1 and whole nand with mmcblkNX tool.

Boot0 might be messed up. Can I use this tool to rebuild a clean one and trying to boot OFW? I've already removed and desoldered the modchip.
Note: I have not prod keys as I did not have the possibility to boot Hereke

You need the keys that one of the requirement.

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I believe you can use another V2 unit.
Do you have any suggestions on where to find a key donor for Mariko? By generating Boot0 would I be able to boot the original firmware? Or just potentially get to a state where I can eventually reinstall the modchip and boot Hekate?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any suggestions on where to find a key donor for Mariko? By generating Boot0 would I be able to boot the original firmware? Or just potentially get to a state where I can eventually reinstall the modchip and boot Hekate?

You can look up for keys online but can't asks here, but you need the key for the specific firmware you need.

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
You can look up for keys online but can't asks here, but you need the key for the specific firmware you need.
Another problem is regarding the firmware: I don't have this information at the moment.
NxNandManager is not able to give me this information on Mariko's Boot0 and I found no information on how to retrieve it.
Any idea? Would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another problem is regarding the firmware: I don't have this information at the moment.
NxNandManager is not able to give me this information on Mariko's Boot0 and I found no information on how to retrieve it.
Any idea? Would be much appreciated. Thanks!

NxNandManager only show up to 14.1.1 as that was the latest update it had, it is outdated so it need someone to recompile it, but it is hard if you don't know what firmware it is on or if you can't boot up hekate.

To be honest I would have gone with regular Hwfly instead, you wouldn't have this problem with RP2040

minimanimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
To be honest I would have gone with regular Hwfly instead, you wouldn't have this problem with RP2040
I was naive without informing myself enough. I bought HwFly Rp2040 from Aliexpress thinking I was buying the original, I was not aware of the clone. It happened a few days after I picked up the original HwFly.
Post automatically merged:

Honestly, I am not even sure if the nand's partitions are damaged. The console was booting as expected until closing it up. Emmc is alive, starting to think it might be the modchip.

I've described the issue in this post:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/black-screen-after-closing-switch-with-hwfly-rp2040.636599/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?