BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
puchis said:
Big Moe thanks for the tutorial, it is pretty good. I got a question for you, would it be necessary to install all options on the STARFALL utility? and what are the benefits?........I'm currently using gamma loader and softchip
most options are useful the most important is the recovery menu , though I have it all installed on my systems
smile.gif

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I downgrade from 3.3version 2 (I have the modified 3.3vers2, the one that only installed the new IOS and didn't patch anything) and then do this?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
MrBubbles said:
Can I downgrade from 3.3version 2 (I have the modified 3.3vers2, the one that only installed the new IOS and didn't patch anything) and then do this?
yes you can , but you have to go to the first link in my signature for your 3.3v2
wink.gif

Djinn68

Trophies
XP
Country
I downgraded my UK Pal Wii With Firmware 3.4E down to 3.2E with no problems...

The problems I am having now is that I cannot install Starfall as it just comes up with the error 'FAILURE... EXITING'

And also when I try to use the CIOS INSTALLER it starts to install and then at the very end it comes up with ERROR 1017

Can anyone help me..

Ive been trying to sort out these last 2 programs for the past 5 hours with no luck and I feel like killin myself!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Djinn68 said:
I downgraded my UK Pal Wii With Firmware 3.4E down to 3.2E with no problems...

The problems I am having now is that I cannot install Starfall as it just comes up with the error 'FAILURE... EXITING'

And also when I try to use the CIOS INSTALLER it starts to install and then at the very end it comes up with ERROR 1017

Can anyone help me..

Ive been trying to sort out these last 2 programs for the past 5 hours with no luck and I feel like killin myself!!!!!!!!!!!
don't kill yourself yet buddy , use IOSDowngrader not cIOSDowngrader this way you sign trucha back into your IOSs since 3.4 blocked it then the apps will work
BIG24FAN said:
Does keeping 3,3 solve any of the game problems ? i,e rock band 1,2 and wii fit loading problems ? thanks for info
no it will not solve your issue look for IOS37-rev3 by waninkoko and run it with SoftChip then your games will run with an ease
QUOTE(dodol @ Jan 30 2009, 01:00 PM)
if I can run homebrew beta 8 that's mean my wii = 3.3v1 right ?
that is correct
wink.gif

DR0KZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After getting the awesome installer we're now busy installing it, the problem is however when we try to install Cios_Fix.Wad trough Custom Wad Manager (v16) we get ERROR! (ret= -1035)

Any idea what it could be?
rolleyes.gif

{EDIT}

Used plain wad installer and it installed, was abit hesitating at first because i have brickofobia but working now
smile.gif

a3HeadedMonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just used this installer & everything has gone great so far. I've downgraded from 3.3E to 3.2E & installed Starfall. I wanted to check if Starfall would work properly & let me unbrick my machine if ever I needed to.

I booted up the Wii holding down Y on the GC pad & loaded the twilight hack. After speaking to the guy the screen goes black & I get an error message saying "failed to find boot.elf..". What am I doing wrong? What is the elf or dol file that I need in the root of my SD card?

I followed these instructions exacly:

"- How To Use Rescue-Menu:
a - copy Wad Manager V1.3 boot.dol to the root of your SD card ( already
included , you see it in the root of SD card )
b - Insert original Zelda game disc in the drive of your Wii .
c - connect GC controller to port 1 on your Wii .
d - hold the Y botton on the GC controller and power your Wii keep holding Y till
see Zelda booting and from the save load screen choose the TPH and run it by
talking to the man from the game , then crash and codes will run then you will
have Wad Manager V1.3 menu screen to uninstall the bad Wad
wink.gif

and you are a brick-proof player from banner bricks and bad Wads."

I've tried the Wad Manager boot.dol file as well as a whole host of others including the .dol file that came in the installer's "last steps" folder.

HELP!
frown.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
a3HeadedMonkey said:
I've just used this installer & everything has gone great so far. I've downgraded from 3.3E to 3.2E & installed Starfall. I wanted to check if Starfall would work properly & let me unbrick my machine if ever I needed to.

I booted up the Wii holding down Y on the GC pad & loaded the twilight hack. After speaking to the guy the screen goes black & I get an error message saying "failed to find boot.elf..". What am I doing wrong? What is the elf or dol file that I need in the root of my SD card?

I followed these instructions exacly:

"- How To Use Rescue-Menu:
a - copy Wad Manager V1.3 boot.dol to the root of your SD card ( already
included , you see it in the root of SD card )
b - Insert original Zelda game disc in the drive of your Wii .
c - connect GC controller to port 1 on your Wii .
d - hold the Y botton on the GC controller and power your Wii keep holding Y till
see Zelda booting and from the save load screen choose the TPH and run it by
talking to the man from the game , then crash and codes will run then you will
have Wad Manager V1.3 menu screen to uninstall the bad Wad
wink.gif

and you are a brick-proof player from banner bricks and bad Wads."

I've tried the Wad Manager boot.dol file as well as a whole host of others including the .dol file that came in the installer's "last steps" folder.

HELP!
frown.gif
Be sure to see Boot.dol in the Root of the SD Card ( a - copy Wad Manager V1.3 boot.dol to the root of your SD card ( already included , you see it in the root of SD card ) and it should work , did you get the BMIv3 or BMBPIv1 for the file Installer ? cause if you got the Big Moe Installer v3 you have to replace the Boot.dol file in the root with a copy of Boot.dol file from the WadManagerv1.3 folder inside the Apps folder
wink.gif

a3HeadedMonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have BMIv.3. I tried copying the Wad Manager boot.dol from the apps folder. That was the first thing I tried. No joy.
frown.gif

I carried on with the installer anyway & thought I'd have a go at playing CoD5 with the Backup Loader. I followed all the instructions perfectly but when I go to play it, it says "error: no DVD (n)"

TBH, I'm starting to get a little bored. I think it's just too much hassle just to play games with glitches choppy cut-scenes & other games that don't work at all. :s

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
a3HeadedMonkey said:
I have BMIv.3. I tried copying the Wad Manager boot.dol from the apps folder. That was the first thing I tried. No joy.
frown.gif

I carried on with the installer anyway & thought I'd have a go at playing CoD5 with the Backup Loader. I followed all the instructions perfectly but when I go to play it, it says "error: no DVD (n)"

TBH, I'm starting to get a little bored. I think it's just too much hassle just to play games with glitches choppy cut-scenes & other games that don't work at all. :s
things should work fine if you do it right !!! it worked for %98 of the users with out any prob
wink.gif
go ahead and install cIOS36_rev8 you'll find a tutorial in the first couple pages of the forums and it's a %100 compatibility with games no glitches or lag at all , if you invest in a HD cable set you will have no prob with any regions games as well other wise if you have an old crappy screen and regular cables I'll say stick to your region ,
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)