BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
priapism said:
i have been trying all morning and i am still running into errors.

i reset my router.

IOS51 installed fine. i tried the WiiShopInstaller and i still get the "Exception (DSI) occurred" message.
so i skipped that step since i think i have that installed anyway.

i have tried a bunch of times to run the cIOS Downgrader with no luck. i choose firmware 3.2U and when it tries to install the ticket i get "Error! (ret -1035)".

i don't get it. i have never run into problems like this and i have installed several applications iover the past few months.

it obviously works fine for other people and i don't believe that i am doing anything wrong. my Wii just seems to be having issues for some reason.

any other ideas on how to get this Downgrader to work? should i just keep trying to downgrade and ignore the error message?

ok try to run IOS Downgrader ( not Cios Downgrader ) then after success go ahead and run the Cios Downgrader and post back please how did that go
wink.gif

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
priapism said:

i reset my router.

IOS51 installed fine. i tried the WiiShopInstaller and i still get the "Exception (DSI) occurred" message.

i have tried a bunch of times to run the cIOS Downgrader with no luck. i choose firmware 3.2U and when it tries to install the ticket i get "Error! (ret -1035)".

i don't get it. i have never run into problems like this and i have installed several applications iover the past few months.

it obviously works fine for other people and i don't believe that i am doing anything wrong. my Wii just seems to be having issues for some reason.

any other ideas on how to get this Downgrader to work? should i just keep trying to downgrade and ignore the error message?

ok try to run IOS Downgrader ( not Cios Downgrader ) then after success go ahead and run the Cios Downgrader and post back please how did that go
wink.gif

the IOSdowngrader isn't in your install pack, is it?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
priapism said:
BIG MOE said:
priapism said:

i reset my router.

wink.gif

the IOSdowngrader isn't in your install pack, is it?

no it's not in the installer but you can get it from the download section of the this site in put it in the apps folder same like the Cios Downgrader and run it
wink.gif

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the IOSdowngrader safe to use? how come everyone else got it to work the the cIOSdowngrader?

it just makes me a little nervous.

also, what about using cIOSdowngrader1.2? would that work?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
priapism said:
is the IOSdowngrader safe to use? how come everyone else got it to work the the cIOSdowngrader?

it just makes me a little nervous.

also, what about using cIOSdowngrader1.2? would that work?

it is safe to use , if you feel more comfortable go ahesd and run Cios Downgrader 1.2 it's ok too
wink.gif

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES!!!

i finally got it to work. i used a pretty weird workaround. i installed cIOS rev7 then i ran Tona's InstallShopIOS51 program. after that i continued with your tutorial from the step where i run the cIOSdowngrader and it worked fine.

i am now installing Starfall and checking the options i want installed but i have a few questions...

1) can i go back and change those options later or is this final?

2) what is "no menu BGM"? is that background music? why would someone get rid of that?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
priapism said:
YES!!!

i finally got it to work. i used a pretty weird workaround. i installed cIOS rev7 then i ran Tona's InstallShopIOS51 program. after that i continued with your tutorial from the step where i run the cIOSdowngrader and it worked fine.

i am now installing Starfall and checking the options i want installed but i have a few questions...

2) what is "no menu BGM"? is that background music? why would someone get rid of that?

cool , now that's a good news , BGM is you warning screen when you first start the Wii , it is up to you to keep it or hide it , to change any Starfall options just run Starfall again and don't click these options to be installed and automatically Starfall will uninstall all the hacks and reinstall the ones you clicked
wink.gif
it is a great tool to have
wink.gif

stringsoftears

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
YES!!!

I'm sorta new to the Wii Homebrew scene but I have a couple of questions. What file is "cIOS rev7"? is that a wad? Lastly, What does Tona's InstallShopIOS51 do that works around the error =-1035? That's what I'm getting through every tutorial is the error =-1035.

Thanks

LanzeraND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big MOE or anyone else with the knowledge. I bought a Wii right before Thanksgiving and it says it has 3.3U System Menu on it. I used the Twilight Princess hack to install HBC 1.01. I now have that as a channel. I have yet to do anything else. I want to make sure that I use the right software/ application to downgrade and install Starfall and then the backup loaders to allow me and my son to play the modded Rock Band games people have made once we get through the RB1 game. I know hundreds have asked this question, so please be gentle. :-) I am ready to follow the next instructions, but I missed this thread until I read it moments ago.

Thanks

fanta

Trophies
XP
Country
this is all great, some neat features, cant wait for the custom firmwares to get wilder, some PSP firmwares have superb support, hopefully this goes the same way.

one thing BIG MOE, should I be doing something special burning homebrew discs? running via the backup loader two discs I have burnt just spin and click but nothing happens with a black screen....

I hope I didnt miss a reply mentioning this.
hate2.gif

Also for people new to this, when the guide says B+1 it means press both buttons at the same time, I was there pressing B then 1 constantly with nothing happening
smile.gif
it might have just been me
wacko.gif

paulstevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone quantify what the benefits of 3.3v1 are over 3.2?

wiibrew.org mentions 3.3 as updating IOS30 and IOS31 (patching the trucha vulnerability, presumably with 3.3v2)

But what are the tangible benefits/improvements of system menu 3.3v1 and its associated IOSs versus those of system menu 3.2?

Thanks.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
paulstevens said:
Can anyone quantify what the benefits of 3.3v1 are over 3.2?

wiibrew.org mentions 3.3 as updating IOS30 and IOS31 (patching the trucha vulnerability, presumably with 3.3v2)

But what are the tangible benefits/improvements of system menu 3.3v1 and its associated IOSs versus those of system menu 3.2?

Thanks.
it is exactly what you have wrote
smile.gif
the idea is you don't need to use IOS downgrader to sign trucha to 3.3v1 so you only use Cios downgrader and you downgrade the system menu , in that case you keep IOS30/31 active and still can install Starfall
smile.gif

paulstevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does that mean that IOS30 and IOS31 of the systemmenu 3.3v1 are different than those from systemmenu v3.2? Or are they the same?

If the IOS30/31 are the same, what is the advantage of systemmenu 3.3v1 versus systemmenu 3.2?

side question - is there a way to dump the IOS version off the wii? I've gotten them off disks and ISO files, but can the individual files be grabbed from the wii itself? this way I could compare files and see what is what.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
paulstevens said:
So does that mean that IOS30 and IOS31 of the systemmenu 3.3v1 are different than those from systemmenu v3.2? Or are they the same?

If the IOS30/31 are the same, what is the advantage of systemmenu 3.3v1 versus systemmenu 3.2?

side question - is there a way to dump the IOS version off the wii? I've gotten them off disks and ISO files, but can the individual files be grabbed from the wii itself? this way I could compare files and see what is what.
it is different from 3.2 to 3.3v1 , you can extract IOS from updates on your game discs , but this thread is not about such issue
smile.gif

puchis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big Moe thanks for the tutorial, it is pretty good. I got a question for you, would it be necessary to install all options on the STARFALL utility? and what are the benefits?........I'm currently using gamma loader and softchip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I gotta raid0 these m.2s yay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do a raid10
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's tomorrow
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn Wal-Mart has 42" 4k TVs for only $150
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i bet it will not fit inside your bedroom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea here in North Korea, we are only allowed 1 19" tv per household. And the only channel we get is, MLT (Missile Launch Today)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, doesn't fit in his bedroom he's American
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I hate ordering stuff online if I can go buy it somewhere close to me, and everywhere anymore will give you a discount only if you order it online, bs. Should be a discount if I go pick it up, not order online.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I love it for most things most stores you just shows the receipt online and they scan it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Makes it easy for incompetent restaurant staff that don't know how to hear an order
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mostly for big purchases, I want it in my hands before I pay. Like a tv, I trust picking it up myself, before I'd trust it being sent thru mail/delivery. (Broken screen, etc) But yea if I can order online, then pickup at store is ok, but not all places offer that.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    > Like a tv, I trust picking it up myself, before I'd trust it being sent thru mail/delivery. (Broken screen, etc)

Thing is, if you break it driving back to your house, it's your fault. But if the delivery driver damages it, it's not your fault.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most people that haul big tvs have empty trucks or know enough not to set it face down
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then I gotta send it back and wait another week or two. I have a pickup truck, with a extended cab, so no prob for me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most manufacturers pack it well enough where they aren't that dumb to let it happen
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They building a new Microcenter store near by me, is kinda scary. That's my favorite place, I'm like a kid in a candy store there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what's a microcenter?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool I'll make you ship me stuff
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microcenter sells high quality microwaves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Computer store basically, but they sell everything, like game systems, tvs , 3d printers, etc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've seen i9/mobo deals for like 400
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea been itching to build a new pc, mine is like 3-4 years old, ancient in pc tech time. Still using a sata SSD even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's still high tech to ancientboi
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's still high tech to ancientboi +2