How to Brick Proof Wii Console 3.3v1 Tutorial & Installer

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BIG MOE, Nov 26, 2008.

1. BIG MOE
    OP

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    hey all welcome to best of both worlds 3.3v1 & 3.2 at the same time.

many of you have an issue with Banner Bricks and installing bad wads from untrusted sources .

and some are afraid from new updates , this channel working and this doesn't , oooops

my Wii is bricked or semi-bricked how ever, after many trials and errors and recovering from

a semi-bricked twice I Big Moe Present the (Best Of Both Worlds) that will guide you through a full

install from scratch with 3.3U/E-v1 to 3.2U/E with Wiishop Channel working and 3.3 Ios Benefits and

Starfall Recovery Menu Benefits with no update harms or messages or even needs .

IMPORTANT : THIS IS FOR WII WITH 3.3U/E-v1 ONLY IT WILL NOT WORK ON 3.3U/E-v2 OR 3.4U/E SO PLEASE

BEWARE , AND YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED .!!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR WII!! USE

AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Installation :

1- double click the installer and choose desktop then finish . you will have two folder's on

your desktop :

A - Homebrew Channel Full Installation to help you set up TPH and HBC .

(note: be sure to update your HBC to HBC9 before you continue with the other steps)

B - Big Moe's Installer .

2- after done with step 1 and 1-A , copy the all files from Big Moe's Installer to the root

of your SD card and put it in your Wii 3.3U/E-v1 .

3- go to HBC and run (1 - ios51installer) install it and reboot .

4- go to HBC and run (2 - wiishopinstaller) install it and reboot .

5- go to HBC and run (3 - Wii Cios Downgrader v1.1) and here choose the 3.2 that match your

Wii region , then confirm and downgrade . after restart go to settings and look at the top

right corner to confirm that your Wii is running 3.2U/E . ( note: don't use ios downgrader v1.0

after or before this step to keep the benefits of 3.3 IOSs and IOS51 and Wiishop [​IMG] ... )

6- go to HBC and run (4 - starfallv0.5-cred) be sure to press B+1 at the same time it should take

a few times before success so don't worry , then be sure to click A for each option to change

it to ( install ) and when done press 1 should take a short time til it's done then press A to

go back to Wii menu .(note : to check if Starfall installed right just reboot your system and

you will not see the warning screen and it should go to Wii menu [​IMG] .... )

7- go to HBC and run (5 - cIOS_Installer Gamma) this will get Cios249 installed for BL0.3G .

8- go to HBC and run (6 - Wad Manager V1.3) and install (v0.3_Gamma_auto_Launcher_Channel)
    by pressing the + sign when it's highlighted , then Home to Exit . and you are done CONGRATS you did it [​IMG]

and now if you go to Wiishop it will work like a charm with no problems .

and you can run the backup game to test your system and it should run fine .

and you have starfall installed so incase you installed a bad WAD or Banner Bricked you can

recover by : a - having Wad Manager V1.3 boot.dol in the root of your SD card ( already

included , you see it in the root of SD card )

b - original Zelda game disc in the drive of your Wii .

c - GC controller connected to port 1 on your Wii .

d - hold the Y button on the GC controller and power your Wii keep holding Y till

see Zelda starting and from the save load screen choose the TPH and run it by

talking to the man from the game , then crash and codes will run then you will

have Wad Manager V1.3 menu screen and that's the proof of success .

and you are a brick-proof player from banner brick and bad Wads all 3.3 channels

runs fine with full operation of homebrew and Starfall protection .

regards and thanks to :

Waninkoko , Wiigator , Team Twiizers , Tona , Frontier , Nitrotux , Crediar.

shout out to my Bros :

Noobwarrior7 , Djtaz , Djdynamite123 , Forsaekn , Requiem4d , EmperorOfCanada , Wiigee , Tichinde925 ,

Feanta , and Marby .

thanks to all and good luck

Big Moe

11/25/08

The Link To Download Big Moe's Installer will Be Up Soon or send me a PM [​IMG]

Enjoy

2. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Hi Moe. Looks good but does this do anything that the Pir8 method doesnt? I can see you have repackaged it all and Im not meaning to piss on what youve done but I dont need this downgrade so I cant see how it works. ^^

Thanks for the shout out though and I think this is great. ;D

Actually I stopped being lazy and read over what youve done step by step. looks pretty good but you need to fix a couple formatting errors, "8- go to HBC and run (6 - Wad Manager V1.3) and install (v0.3_Gamma_auto_Launcher_Channel)" looks like the color tags got messed up [​IMG]

3. BIG MOE
    OP

Syria
    this one is for people who want's to keep 3.3v1 IOSs active by only downgrading the System Firmware to 3.2 so they can install starfall to get the recovery menu incase the system brick but still have Wiishop channel working and benefit like IOS51 , Full Brick Proof [​IMG]
    and this had nothing to do with a_running_pir8 method .

You welcome bro

4. Ozz465

Member Ozz465 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    had me happy as f instill i saw u needed net access [​IMG] . either way gj.

5. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    a nice post.

one question....doesn't "downgrading" reinstall the old shop channel, so that installer (just for the channel itself) would need to be run again AFTER downgrading? I never use cIOS Downgrader, so I'm really asking.

anyways, can never say this stuff too much it seems.

Ps:....who's "Frontier"?

6. BIG MOE
    OP

Syria
    thanks , net access for the downgrader only , the cios249 have all needed files in the installer [​IMG]

7. BIG MOE
    OP

Syria
    thanks , the Wiishop Channel Doesn't get Downgraded this Way Cause it's not part of the Downgraded files so you don't have to run it again and that part of the whole deal [​IMG]

by the Frontier made the libpng for the Cios Downgrader [​IMG]

8. Ozz465

Member Ozz465 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    either way ill dl and keep the installer till i get net access on my wii as its 3.3. thx

9. BIG MOE
    OP

Syria
    you welcome , for any further help please tell me [​IMG] .

10. colmiak

Newcomer colmiak Member

United States
    why doesnt this work with 3.3u?

11. BIG MOE
    OP

Syria
    it work with 3.3u 1st version ( 3.3u-v1 ) but not the 2nd version after oct 23 [​IMG]

12. colmiak

Newcomer colmiak Member

United States
    so...i can't seem to press b+2 correctly...?! any tips? ha

13. EmperorOfCanada

Canada
    Yup. reread the disclaimer. Its supposed to be B+1 =p

14. kashin

Member kashin GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Topic title confused me, I thought someone found a starfall-like solution for 3.3v1, but i don't want starfall enough to downgrade. (...i've grown attached to 3.3v1)

15. colmiak

Newcomer colmiak Member

United States
    ha i kept reading it but i thought if you press 1 it was to not accept...thanks, i feel dumb now lol..

edit: success! no more stupid BGM [​IMG] thanks big moe, i only used your downgrader and starfall, i tried to use a downgrader before but it didnt work for some reason, or it failed to download everything, your post made me want starfall again

and thanks again emperorofcandada [​IMG]

16. BIG MOE
    OP

Syria
    already fixed thanks EmperorOfCanada , when I did it I thought that I was wrong when Pressed B+1 , thanks for the catch bro [​IMG]

17. Niktout

Newcomer Niktout Member

France
    at step 5- go to HBC and run (3 - Wii Cios Downgrader v1.1) and here choose the 3.2 that match your

Wii region , then confirm and downgrade

Whenever i try to downgrade to 3.2E or 3.1E i keep getting ERROR! (ret = -1035)
    Any idea to fix this ?

18. EmperorOfCanada

Canada
    You could try a downgrade using my guide. Link is in my sig.

19. Niktout

Newcomer Niktout Member

France
    It worked!
    Thanks EmperorOfCanada

20. thawkins1

Member thawkins1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Starfall doesn't work for me is says I have system menu v289 and it needs v290 but I am on 3.2U :S