Hacking How to Brick Proof Wii Console 3.3v1 Tutorial & Installer

MrRochie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grog.gif
Greets BIG MOE and the gang..... Proud new owner of my first Wii (bought on Black Friday, unfortunately no deals)....I got through the EoC tutorial, install HBC etc. Did total install on a USA Wii 3.3u everything went well... except Starfall.... I downgraded to 3.2U without issue per EoC guide ...I check the version and yep it 3.2U... But when I try to install Starfall... nada... no response hitting B+1 together..... I did it a hundred times or more, fingers blistered and sore
unsure.gif
...... I'm at 3.2U so is here some special trick to get this to install... Adjust the sensitivity of my wiimote??? maybe... I felt lucky to get to 3.2U without issue.... Ideas??? For a noob like me is there anything else I should install to keep my wii safe from Nintendo unauthorized updates?? or bricking??

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
MrRochie said:
grog.gif
Greets BIG MOE and the gang..... Proud new owner of my first Wii (bought on Black Friday, unfortunately no deals)....I got through the EoC tutorial, install HBC etc. Did total install on a USA Wii 3.3u everything went well... except Starfall.... I downgraded to 3.2U without issue per EoC guide ...I check the version and yep it 3.2U... But when I try to install Starfall... nada... no response hitting B+1 together..... I did it a hundred times or more, fingers blistered and sore
unsure.gif
...... I'm at 3.2U so is here some special trick to get this to install... Adjust the sensitivity of my wiimote??? maybe... I felt lucky to get to 3.2U without issue.... Ideas??? For a noob like me is there anything else I should install to keep my wii safe from Nintendo unauthorized updates?? or bricking??
try to hit B+2 first then B+1 and see if this will get you going , and post the results please .

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Hi All :

The Installer Will Be Under Construction For A Short Period Of Time To Comply With The Site Rules , And I 'll Post The Links Back To The Download As Soon As Possible ;

Til Then For any Help Please Post Here , And I'll Be There For You ;

kama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hypothetically, if I don't want Starfall or its effects anymore, do I just uninstall it using the WAD Manager?

kama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I said hypothetically, as in if for some reason I ever want to get rid of it, how do I do it?

esv

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
BIG MOE said:
recacer said:
i really hate to dumb-down this amazing thread, but you mention that one must have 3.3U/E-v1 in order for this to work. i know i have 3.3u, but how do i know which version it is? it was purchased new a week and a half ago.

OK this is easy , if you can run the TPH and HBC on your Wii that mean you have 3.3U v1 if you cann't install the TPH and HBC that means you are running 3.3U v2 , and for that you need to run a_running_pir8 fix then come back here for the Brick Proof

As far as I know you still able to install TPH and HBC on 3.3 v2 (oct23 update) and even on 3.4 systems.
So what another method would you recommend (if I'm right above) to determine what version you have if you see 3.3E(U/whatever). Or it is impossible to tell?
And maybe it doesn't matter at all - just force downgrade to 3.2 and thats it?
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
kama said:
Hypothetically, if I don't want Starfall or its effects anymore, do I just uninstall it using the WAD Manager?

no you have to run it again with out selecting any options to install , then it will remove the hacks that it previously installed and will not install any new ones
wink.gif

esv said:
BIG MOE said:
QUOTE(recacer @ Nov 27 2008, 04:21 AM) i really hate to dumb-down this amazing thread, but you mention that one must have 3.3U/E-v1 in order for this to work. i know i have 3.3u, but how do i know which version it is? it was purchased new a week and a half ago.

OK this is easy , if you can run the TPH and HBC on your Wii that mean you have 3.3U v1 if you cann't install the TPH and HBC that means you are running 3.3U v2 , and for that you need to run a_running_pir8 fix then come back here for the Brick Proof

As far as I know you still able to install TPH and HBC on 3.3 v2 (oct23 update) and even on 3.4 systems.
So what another method would you recommend (if I'm right above) to determine what version you have if you see 3.3E(U/whatever). Or it is impossible to tell?
And maybe it doesn't matter at all - just force downgrade to 3.2 and thats it?
wink.gif

no you cann't install the version of TPH and HBC that I provided on any system menu above 3.3v1 that's why I said that if it install for you that means you have 3.3v1 and if it doesn't that means you have 3.3v2 and up , now if you have 3.3v2 and 3.4 you should refer to the first link in my signature and that's the one for you
wink.gif
enjoy

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i tried to run the Shopinstaller i got a message saying, "Exception (DSI) occurred". it also says, "Code Dump" a little farther down the page.

what is going on?

edit: i may have already installed IOS51 and Shop Installer a few weeks ago. is that version ok? could this be causing my problem? also, if i did already install it, can i just skip the first to steps and go right to downgrading?

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i tried to skip the step where i run the WiiShopInstaller. i went right to the step where i downgrade and that got jammed up and didn't work either. i think there is something wrong with the files or the server or something.

is it even worth trying to install this stuff? 3.3v1 works pretty well in my opinion. the only thing missing is being able to run trucha signed discs through the Disc Channel.

i am willing to try again but maybe i should wait until i get some pointers or until the server is functioning properly.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
priapism said:
so i tried to skip the step where i run the WiiShopInstaller. i went right to the step where i downgrade and that got jammed up and didn't work either. i think there is something wrong with the files or the server or something.

is it even worth trying to install this stuff? 3.3v1 works pretty well in my opinion. the only thing missing is being able to run trucha signed discs through the Disc Channel.

i am willing to try again but maybe i should wait until i get some pointers or until the server is functioning properly.

ok , you need to reboot your router and your Wii then skip the IOS51 install and the Wiishop since you installed it earlier , and run the Cios Downgrader , it should ask you for what System menu you need to downgrade to , scroll down till you see the 3.2 matching your region and run it , if any errors it's ok run it again til no errors displayed , then install Starfall and you are set
wink.gif

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been trying all morning and i am still running into errors.

i reset my router.

IOS51 installed fine. i tried the WiiShopInstaller and i still get the "Exception (DSI) occurred" message.
so i skipped that step since i think i have that installed anyway.

i have tried a bunch of times to run the cIOS Downgrader with no luck. i choose firmware 3.2U and when it tries to install the ticket i get "Error! (ret -1035)".

i don't get it. i have never run into problems like this and i have installed several applications iover the past few months.

it obviously works fine for other people and i don't believe that i am doing anything wrong. my Wii just seems to be having issues for some reason.

any other ideas on how to get this Downgrader to work? should i just keep trying to downgrade and ignore the error message?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello