Hacking How safe is it?

matt1tude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if I'm posting stuff i could find in the tutorials but wanted personal opinions from as many people as possible before i take the plunge.

I've had my Wii U about 2 weeks now and would love to hack vWii mode so i dont have to keep switching between Wii and Wii U. My main usage is WiiMC, playing USB Back Ups on CFG Loader (but will change loader if needed) and playing emulators. I'm not fussed about VC and WiiWare wads. Can i softmod safely for the things i use?, can i back up and restore nand safely? install channels? if so could you point in the direction of the best tutorial.

Thanks.

ch1z69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if I'm posting stuff i could find in the tutorials but wanted personal opinions from as many people as possible before i take the plunge.

I've had my Wii U about 2 weeks now and would love to hack vWii mode so i dont have to keep switching between Wii and Wii U. My main usage is WiiMC, playing USB Back Ups on CFG Loader (but will change loader if needed) and playing emulators. I'm not fussed about VC and WiiWare wads. Can i softmod safely for the things i use?, can i back up and restore nand safely? install channels? if so could you point in the direction of the best tutorial.

Thanks.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/
follow this guide

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks.

Yeah its pretty safe...the downside is there is no way to backup the WiiU or vWii Nand so if you brick the vWii mode you are kind of stuck. Make sure to follow the Tutes and make sure the pack you get of HBC and IOS wads to load is the right one...make sure you use Channel Forwarders only made or modified for use with WiiU (as this is a common brick reason). All in all it is well worth it and nice to have it all on one system.....you will get nagged to format your Wii HD everytime you boot into WiiU so be careful not to do that. I usually just keep my Wii HD disconnected unless I plan to go into Wii mode and actually use it. I am using USB loader GX with the proper channel forwarder and my WBFS hard drive from my Wii works just fine. You may need a 2 USB plug cord to feed your HD unless you are using an HD that has sperate power supply.

Also I would make sure to do your FW4.0 update before you do the mod (if you haven't already).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30