Hacking How NOT to mod your Wii - pics included.

jus199

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djcraze said:
WiiClip FTW. I have a D2C board, and am using D2Pro with WiiClip and it worked perfectly! No problems yet, only took 10 minutes to install.
smile.gif

Were your legs cut? I also have a D2C board and I want to get a wii clip but my legs are cut. If I get the wii clip, do I have to solder the 3 legs?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Well ive quicksoldered my own WiiKey on my D2B Wii.

Its all working 100% and the quicksolder install was VERY easy.

Remember to do it this way:

First apply solder iron to the solder points also the small points on the side of the wiikey. Put a little top on the top solder points.

The rest is easy. put some solder iron to the drives solder pads then align the wiikey to the points. Apple heat to the wii's solder points and enjoy
biggrin.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember modding my first console. It was a Gamecube and it was done with a really unsuitable soldering iron.

I can still remember when I had to mod my Slimline PS2. I think what I did was open the console up, stare at the points and make a mental note of how really, REALLY tiny it was for the points, went to bed, did it again for the next day and just basically psyching myself up to imagine that the points are double the size.

In the end, I spent something like 4 hours installing a modchip and it still works to this day. I certainly tip my hat off to those that do this for a living and was glad I paid to have my original Xbox modded.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you're being too hard on yourself. It's working and doesn't look that bad. I do agree with your advice: once you see the size of the solder points firsthand, don't proceed unless you are confident in your abilities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-