PS1/2 How much would you pay for my PS2 collection?

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going off to college in a few months, and I need some money for a laptop. I don't really play with my PS2 that much these days, so I'm thinking of selling it. Here's what I got:

-PS2 Slim (Ceramic White SCPH-79000, unmodded) w/AC Adapter and A/V cable
-2x 1st party controllers (one white, one black)
-1x 8MB 1st party memory card

-Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time
-Zone Of The Enders
-Zone Of The Enders: The 2nd Runner
-Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (no box or manual)
-Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
-TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
-Dragon Quest VIII
-Orphen: Scion of Scorcery
-Arc the Lad: Twilight of The Spirits
-Metal Saga
-DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2
-Nightmare of Druaga: Fushigino Dungeon
-Burnout 3
-Gungrave Overdose
-Onimusha 1
-Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

How much do you think I'd get for ALL of that?

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nycsam786 said:
Why don't you scout for how much it goes on eBay/craigslist to get a reference as to how much you can get.

this.

but i would offer you about 150 and i think thats a bit generous IMO
unsure.gif

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
vergilite said:
nycsam786 said:
Why don't you scout for how much it goes on eBay/craigslist to get a reference as to how much you can get.

this.

unsure.gif

Really? Actually, now that I think about it, that does seem like a realistic price, even with games like SMT: Nocturne and DDS.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
sell a couple of the games seperately, they could fetch a nicer price than they would if they were sold together.

Not sure about America, but over here ZoE The Second Runner is pretty rare. If its rare over there too, you're probably looking at about $30 to $40, maybe $50.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne is quite rare, it goes for about $70 sealed, you will get less because it's not complete.
Zone Of The Enders: The 2nd Runner is quite rare too, about $40 in very good condition, no scratches.

Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time goes for about £30 max in mint condition on ebay.
metal saga goes for about £30 on ebay too, you have some very decent rare games there, are you sure you want too sell them all? i would keep them personally.

for all the games you have there plus the console plus the rare stuff you have i would say £200, do not sell your stuff to gamestop they will rob you blind, put them on ebay, put the common games together with the ps2 and the rare games sell separately, that's my advice anyway.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hachibei said:
vergilite said:
nycsam786 said:

this.

unsure.gif

Really? Actually, now that I think about it, that does seem like a realistic price, even with games like SMT: Nocturne and DDS.

well i could pick up a ps2 for about 40 maybe a bit less, and the games well yeah i guess 200 but still people are so stingy these days i doubt ul get a fair price
cry.gif
all the best of luck though
yay.gif

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
clonesniper666 said:
i can tell you that the SMT games would get you quite a bit since they are still quite hard to find, even the one missing the case.

What? Dude older SMT games like Persona 1, or so go for a lot of money, but Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne factory sealed is 31$ from ATLUS, And Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga is 29$, I mean what the hell are you talking about?

--------------------

Hmmm, it depends on the condition of the game, honestly i think somebody needs to be really stupid to buy a loose disc of Nocturne.

Actually, You've got some nice games there, some of them are worth some money, but it will depend a lot on the buyer...

First of all if you're going to sell the ps2 online you aren't going to get too much for it, i would suggest you to sell it to people around you.

Regarding the games i would suggest you to sell them online if they are in "Mint condition" cause you're gonna make some good profit for them.

Anyways if you aren't going to sell them online, you will have a hard time finding somebody who knows the real value of these games.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uzumakijl said:
clonesniper666 said:
i can tell you that the SMT games would get you quite a bit since they are still quite hard to find, even the one missing the case.

What? Dude older SMT games like Persona 1, or so go for a lot of money, but Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne factory sealed is 31$ from ATLUS, And Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga is 29$, I mean what the hell are you talking about?

--------------------

Hmmm, it depends on the condition of the game, honestly i think somebody needs to be really stupid to buy a loose disc of Nocturne.

Actually, You've got some nice games there, some of them are worth some money, but it will depend a lot on the buyer...

First of all if you're going to sell the ps2 online you aren't going to get too much for it, i would suggest you to sell it to people around you.

Regarding the games i would suggest you to sell them online if they are in "Mint condition" cause you're gonna make some good profit for them.

Anyways if you aren't going to sell them online, you will have a hard time finding somebody who knows the real value of these games.

I know they are not worth as much as the older ones but still considering that they do sell for more than most PS2 games do, they are still considered rare. Also check ebay and you will see how much those games are worth, especially if you can find someone who is a collector. But without a case or manual the price does drop quite drastically, but can easily be sold.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering 2 of those games can be gotten new for what the post a few up said, outside of 2nd Runner, that $150 is quite generous. I'd toss it in if you really didn't want to go to the effort for another $30 because you'll get talked down on it hardcore on craigslist, and ebay is a crap shoot.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have bought such bundles in the past many times. here is the max I would pay:
40$ for the console
10$ every genuine controller
5$ every genuine memory card
4$ every good condition games
129$ is your total...

Theres many on the market I doubt youd get more; your better off to keep it maybe tell us if you do

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sao Mortel said:
I have bought such bundles in the past many times. here is the max I would pay:
40$ for the console
10$ every genuine controller
5$ every genuine memory card
4$ every good condition games
129$ is your total...

Theres many on the market I doubt youd get more; your better off to keep it maybe tell us if you do

Yeah, I think I'm going to keep it after seeing the overwhelmingly low offers (especially yours; $4 for an SMT game? No fucking way). I'd rather have a great console and a bunch of great games than ~$150.

Although I might sell the SMT games in the future...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system