Gaming How much would you pay for games?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious.
Because many of us pirate because games are "too expensive" right?
So how much would you be willing to pay for games (good ones I mean)? 5$? 20$?
Or would you still not pay a penny even if they were cheap?

I think if they were 5-10$, I'd be a lot more willing to fork over the cash.
Yes, I know I'm being a little cheap, because the developers do spend a lot of time, effort and money on their games. But hey, it's 10 more dollars than I usually 'pay' for a game.
It doesn't mean I'll pay for every decent game, but at least I'll consider it much more than usual.
Like now, it's kinda like "Maybe I'll pay 30$ for a REALLY REALLY good game."

And I know a lot of you guys already do pay the original price for games that are really good,
but would you pay the original price for the games that are only okay?

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Games cost twice as much here in Norway... I'd be happy if they were the same price as US.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I think all next gen games should be 40$, DS Games 25$, 30$ for PSP, 30$ for PC.

I have a 360, and I can't even afford to go buy shit for it. 3 games, and I already payed about/more than I did to get the console, and there's no guarantee the game is worth that much. So far I've lucked out and gotten quality games, but what about those that don't?

DS games should be 25, and this applies to every one It's hilarious Square Enix actually expects people to pay 40$ for PORTS, and subpar games. And sadly, PEOPLE DO IT making them think it's OKAY to do this. It's the best selling gaming device, so it wouldn't hurt them. I put $30 on PSP games cause of the better graphics and such.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had any money, I'd probably pay the full price that would be asked for the new Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Dragon Quest IX. That would be $40 new when they release in the US. It all depends on how much I want a game. That being said, I pirate because I can't afford games. I'm poor. XD

And one reason I am might be that I remember being small and SNES games costing $70 new. I've bought Donkey Kong Country 2 and Mario RPG brand new at that price at an old defunct store called Media Play. Games were expensive back then for sure. And I was considerably less poor back then too. Never bought many games at full price though, but $70 is a good idea of what I once considered paying for games I wanted badly. I also worked for those as well, not ever mooching off my mom back then. Even had a decent job delivering packages at my aunt's shop!
biggrin.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really, really does depend on the games! I payed for Echos of Time for the DS, and I love it, but thats one game of about 50 different games I have pirated, 29 - 35 of which were not even quality games.

Yea I would pay for games, but only if I had an 'extended warrenty' available for free or try before you buy
nyanya.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm you know some big games like FF, Mario, Castlevania, Zelda, Pokemon, and a few others I can understand paying like 45-50$ a pop even for a DS game. Legend of YS: Book I and II should be at least 30$ since its a port from an old PC game.

I only pirate games that I know I wouldn't buy at second glance. Sorry if that sounds selfish but its the truth.

misanthrope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They ain't too expensive, I own like 15 original games and purchase in a regular basis. My problem is regional: its difficult to find anything here other than shovelware horse games.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I pretty much buy games whenever they're less than 30 bucks. For example, the last few games I bought were TWEWY, Trauma Center 2, and Etrian Odyssey II. I got TWEWY and TC2 for 24.99 each, and 21.97 for EOII.

I'll continue to buy ds games, as long as I can find them at a cheap price.

D

Deleted User

Ah, I remember the day when I bought Pokemon Diamond for $39.99 and played the shit out of it. Let's put it this way: I would not have started stealing DS games if they were $15 - $20 new.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In Australia its pretty expensive, $70 for any medium+ budget DS games (think mario, sonic etc)
On pretty much every other console, new decent games are always $100. Id be willing to pay $50

JovisAipheng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never really posted before but im pretty bored the only game i would actually pay for is final fantasy 13 when it comes out i would pay about 160 for 2 copies(don't ask why 2)

other than that.
xbox360:$30
ps3:$30
ds:$15

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have bought 3 games for ds until now:
chrono trigger 40€
giana sisters 40€
metal slug 7 20$ = ~15€ (bought just today on holiday in us, in a gamestop, came with bonus cd, haven't heard it yet, no player avail)
giana sisters was the only game, that was not available as rom at that time i bought it.

the prices are so much lower in us, and even come with bonus cds sometimes
frown.gif

although i must admit, i'm pretty picky with the games usually
i bought CT only because its CT, i was halfway thru the jap rom already, and continued that

i'm not sure if i would buy more games if the prices in germany were lower like in us
there are cheaper games in germany, though. nintendo games are often 30€

xCuteBunnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS games
$5-$15, spending $20+ dollars on a game I might not even like or play, nah. Especially those crappy games like Imagine....

Who was like me and tried some of those Imagine games cause we were bored and curious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: Just started God of War 2 on the PS2