How much FPS do you get with NTRViewer, and what settings do you use?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by smileyhead, Jul 31, 2016.

1. smileyhead
    OP

smileyhead I am DEFINITELY a madman with a box.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    I want to improve the FPS of NTRViewer, and I want to know what settings you use.

I have ~24 FPS in everything I've tested (HOME Menu, Super Mario 3D Land, CTGP-7), and want to improve it. I've seen videos on YouTube with nearly 60 FPS on the Top Screen.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm using the default settings.

2. smileyhead
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    Bump

3. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    With default settings I have a like 2 Fps home menu with games being a black screen rip

Last edited by TheVinAnator, Jul 31, 2016
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. smileyhead
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    :(

Anyone else?

5. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    Did you remember to disable the N3DS processor enhancements on NTR and your CFW? The streaming service needs those resources.

As for me, I got ~40 FPS on my first ever recording using 60 quality and 101 QoS. I could stand to improve my network environment, though.

Majickhat55 likes this.
  6. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai

From my test stream of KH. It was running almost flawlessly around 45 FPS, with sound and top screen priority. Using default settings with screen 1 set as priority. Your throughput/bandwidth makes the difference between quality/FPS.

7. smileyhead
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    Oh, boy. I've intentionally enabled them, so it has a better performance. So, I should disable them to actually help the stream?
    Are these considered to be good?
    Router specs
    Internet speed

8. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Your specs are fine man. The Viewer only uses 2.4Ghz bands anyway so older routers work just fine. This thing runs at 100% with 5mb down/ 1mb up so your speed is good. To get the best connection, connect your PC via LAN, try channels 1,6, or 11 or on your router for the least amount of interference, and "try" to have your 3DS the only thing on your Wi-Fi network with good signal.

smileyhead likes this.
  9. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    Yes. You must disable them, or else NTR won't have the system resources it needs to actually encode and upload the stream, because they're being hogged by the current main process for extra frame rate. The hardware encoder alone isn't nearly enough. If disabling in NTR doesn't work, then disable in your CFW.

And as an aside, your Internet speed is irrelevant unless you're connecting to a remote client. And I highly doubt that you're connecting to something outside your LAN. You just need good wi-fi bandwidth on your routing hardware. And using ethernet for your computer helps this, but is nonessential.

smileyhead and Majickhat55 like this.
  10. Kibido

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Any news on an update?

11. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    @cell9 discontinued support. Unless someone else picks it up the answer to your question is no. I'm not sure if the source code is public for that to happen either...

12. smileyhead
    OP

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    It's not public, and Cell deleted it.
    ...or so I've heard.

Majickhat55 likes this.
  13. RedDragonEmperor

RedDragonEmperor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    United States
    ♂ Dungeon Master ♂
    Instead of using a router try using a virtual router (pc makes a virtual wifi port) so that it connects directly to your PC instead of redirecting it to a router then to a PC. So far my fps for MHG is around 30fps and that's the bottom screen included with priority 5. Even smoother when i only have the top screen activated.

14. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    I did forget rip

15. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    It depends on the game. I'm using a wifi stick as a hotspot using Connectify and since I sit right next to it, I always get 100% quality. Monster Hunter Generations gives me 15fps, 29fps on Home Menu.

I need to try that! Sometimes if I don't have a charger, I turn that stuff off to save my battery.

EDIT: Doing that plummeted my NTRViewer FPS by half. :(

Last edited by Selim873, Aug 1, 2016
  16. crhonox

crhonox Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    this is the command that i use
    remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 0, quality = 90, qosValue = 101)

i get 27-35 fps depending on the network usage

17. Kibido

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    What a dick move.

18. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    People were threatening him and shit like that. He owes us nothing. He had every right to cancel the project.

Also, I changed some settings and managed to get a solid 30fps on MHGenerations.

remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 0, quality = 90, qosValue = 101)

When I had 17fps, I just used remoteplay(). I still get hiccups that spike my quality percentage and frame rate down, but not too often to ruin it for a viewer. I'm going to try to lower my quality to 85 and see if that fixes it. I'd like it to be a solid framerate all the way through.

19. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    What!? That's pretty fucked up IMO and I agree, his project, his decision.

dpad_5678 likes this.
  20. Kibido

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Which people? Threatening him for what?

The fact that he owed us nothing and had every right to cancel the project doesn't make it less of a dick move.

This unless there was something bigger behind that I don't know of, but I can't think of anything worth threatening for a video streaming gameboy tool.