Hacking How much FPS do you get with NTRViewer, and what settings do you use?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I want to improve the FPS of NTRViewer, and I want to know what settings you use.

I have ~24 FPS in everything I've tested (HOME Menu, Super Mario 3D Land, CTGP-7), and want to improve it. I've seen videos on YouTube with nearly 60 FPS on the Top Screen.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm using the default settings.

D

Deleted-379826

With default settings I have a like 2 Fps home menu with games being a black screen rip

Last edited by ,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With default settings I have a like 2 Fos home menu with games being a black screen rip
Did you remember to disable the N3DS processor enhancements on NTR and your CFW? The streaming service needs those resources.

As for me, I got ~40 FPS on my first ever recording using 60 quality and 101 QoS. I could stand to improve my network environment, though.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

From my test stream of KH. It was running almost flawlessly around 45 FPS, with sound and top screen priority. Using default settings with screen 1 set as priority. Your throughput/bandwidth makes the difference between quality/FPS.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, boy. I've intentionally enabled them, so it has a better performance. So, I should disable them to actually help the stream?

Are these considered to be good?
Router specs
Internet speed
Your specs are fine man. The Viewer only uses 2.4Ghz bands anyway so older routers work just fine. This thing runs at 100% with 5mb down/ 1mb up so your speed is good. To get the best connection, connect your PC via LAN, try channels 1,6, or 11 or on your router for the least amount of interference, and "try" to have your 3DS the only thing on your Wi-Fi network with good signal.

Reactions: smileyhead

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, boy. I've intentionally enabled them, so it has a better performance. So, I should disable them to actually help the stream?
Yes. You must disable them, or else NTR won't have the system resources it needs to actually encode and upload the stream, because they're being hogged by the current main process for extra frame rate. The hardware encoder alone isn't nearly enough. If disabling in NTR doesn't work, then disable in your CFW.

And as an aside, your Internet speed is irrelevant unless you're connecting to a remote client. And I highly doubt that you're connecting to something outside your LAN. You just need good wi-fi bandwidth on your routing hardware. And using ethernet for your computer helps this, but is nonessential.

RedDragonEmperor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of using a router try using a virtual router (pc makes a virtual wifi port) so that it connects directly to your PC instead of redirecting it to a router then to a PC. So far my fps for MHG is around 30fps and that's the bottom screen included with priority 5. Even smoother when i only have the top screen activated.

D

Deleted-379826

Did you remember to disable the N3DS processor enhancements on NTR and your CFW? The streaming service needs those resources.

As for me, I got ~40 FPS on my first ever recording using 60 quality and 101 QoS. I could stand to improve my network environment, though.
I did forget rip

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on the game. I'm using a wifi stick as a hotspot using Connectify and since I sit right next to it, I always get 100% quality. Monster Hunter Generations gives me 15fps, 29fps on Home Menu.

I need to try that! Sometimes if I don't have a charger, I turn that stuff off to save my battery.

EDIT: Doing that plummeted my NTRViewer FPS by half. :(

Last edited by Selim873,

crhonox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
this is the command that i use
remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 0, quality = 90, qosValue = 101)

i get 27-35 fps depending on the network usage

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a dick move.

People were threatening him and shit like that. He owes us nothing. He had every right to cancel the project.

Also, I changed some settings and managed to get a solid 30fps on MHGenerations.

When I had 17fps, I just used remoteplay(). I still get hiccups that spike my quality percentage and frame rate down, but not too often to ruin it for a viewer. I'm going to try to lower my quality to 85 and see if that fixes it. I'd like it to be a solid framerate all the way through.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People were threatening him and shit like that. He owes us nothing. He had every right to cancel the project.

Also, I changed some settings and managed to get a solid 30fps on MHGenerations.

When I had 17fps, I just used remoteplay(). I still get hiccups that spike my quality percentage and frame rate down, but not too often to ruin it for a viewer. I'm going to try to lower my quality to 85 and see if that fixes it. I'd like it to be a solid framerate all the way through.
What!? That's pretty fucked up IMO and I agree, his project, his decision.

Reactions: dpad_5678

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Which people? Threatening him for what?

The fact that he owed us nothing and had every right to cancel the project doesn't make it less of a dick move.

This unless there was something bigger behind that I don't know of, but I can't think of anything worth threatening for a video streaming gameboy tool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: