How much do you LOVE GBAtemp?

Nevin007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My entry was a poem and I thought it turned out real well. Let me know what you guys think of it. It's on this page http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=44554&st=150

You spend some time writing something and it's nice to get some feedback. Now I'm not the kind of guy who sits around writing poetry all day long so go easy on me if you don't like it.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Volsfan91's Entry:

Hi all! Just wanted to put in my entry, because this is one of the few opportunities I may have to actually be able to obtain a flashcart. (Can't buy one- had to have my grandparents buy sister's! And she doesn't like sharing.
tongue.gif
)

For my entry, I constructed a huge poster comprised of 50 sheets of 8.5x11 paper. It was printed on my crappy home printer. What is the poster? The GBATemp logo, of course!

This process took forever! After printing 50 sheets, (took forever) my sister and I took the paper out to the garage to piece together the logo. This was difficult, like putting together a giant puzzle.

Here are some shots of that little process:

This thing turned out to be about 7 feet wide by 4.5 feet high!

After we put together the puzzle, it was time for this thing to go up on the wall, which I'll let this little video present to you.

Hope you guys like my entry.

Why I should be considered:
*Amount of resources/time spent (50 sheets of paper + ink + three days + photo taking + photo effects)
*Presentation
*Lack of availability of flashcart for me.
smile.gif
(Cash + shipping to where I live is a serious problem)

How long did that take? And how many ink cartridges did you go through? It looks very nice, I still can't believe how big it is!!!!!!!

Edit:
I see you're uploading a video, dangit, I can't wait to see how many people you killed to do this!

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, it took faaar too long. I did the printing and piecing together one day, (took about 2 hours) and the taping up on the wall the next.

I used about 75 sheets of paper (including screw-ups), two rolls of tape, and God knows how much how ink...

However, I'm very happy and I think I have a chance of winning, so it's all water under the bridge now!

BTW, I love this contest. Even if I don't win, I always like seeing the GBATemp forum users come alive.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
BTW, I love this contest. Even if I don't win, I always like seeing the GBATemp forum users come alive.
Looks great! I'd say you have a good chance, it's obvious you put effort into it. SMASHING!
Kitty cat looked pretty happy about it too
tongue.gif

..and yeah, this has pulled people out of the woodwork a bit, I always love it when that happens. All those guys that live in the "list on the left" on the homepage, finally posting something!

So many great entries too.

I have a favorite though...
..that dreamy voice..
..it haunts me.

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Looks great! I'd say you have a good chance, it's obvious you put effort into it. SMASHING!
Kitty cat looked pretty happy about it too
tongue.gif

..and yeah, this has pulled people out of the woodwork a bit, I always love it when that happens. All those guys that live in the "list on the left" on the homepage, finally posting something!

So many great entries too.
You're right, we've had some awesome entries already. I love seeing the creative side of everyone that we might not get to see on a daily posting basis. When we get into talking about DLDI, EZ-Flash, and DS-X, we all forget that everyone else has the rest of their lifes. This kind of lets us peek into other's creativity.

And yes, the cat enjoyed it very much.
tongue.gif

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think "that" guy will steal a place for sure. I mean, how can you even compete with it; the guitar, the acsent, the sexiness.

Edit:
Thank you, Xanikseo, I really appreciate the comment
wub.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I really-really love GBATemp!

That's my first thing I check when my PC turns on!
That's my home page!
Every day I check it, never forgive and never don't check! Check all things on it, reads all things!

And I very happy with it!
smile.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Older ROM junkies should get a kick out of my entry. No hate against no-intro, I just always preferred the radical chiptunes an intros. Adds more personality to the scene.
Also I'm worried that newbies won't really get it, but at least homebrewers could use it.
It anyone doesn't know cracktros:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracktro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol