How much do you LOVE GBAtemp?

Nevin007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My entry was a poem and I thought it turned out real well. Let me know what you guys think of it. It's on this page http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=44554&st=150

You spend some time writing something and it's nice to get some feedback. Now I'm not the kind of guy who sits around writing poetry all day long so go easy on me if you don't like it.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Volsfan91's Entry:

Hi all! Just wanted to put in my entry, because this is one of the few opportunities I may have to actually be able to obtain a flashcart. (Can't buy one- had to have my grandparents buy sister's! And she doesn't like sharing.
tongue.gif
)

For my entry, I constructed a huge poster comprised of 50 sheets of 8.5x11 paper. It was printed on my crappy home printer. What is the poster? The GBATemp logo, of course!

This process took forever! After printing 50 sheets, (took forever) my sister and I took the paper out to the garage to piece together the logo. This was difficult, like putting together a giant puzzle.

Here are some shots of that little process:

This thing turned out to be about 7 feet wide by 4.5 feet high!

After we put together the puzzle, it was time for this thing to go up on the wall, which I'll let this little video present to you.

Hope you guys like my entry.

Why I should be considered:
*Amount of resources/time spent (50 sheets of paper + ink + three days + photo taking + photo effects)
*Presentation
*Lack of availability of flashcart for me.
smile.gif
(Cash + shipping to where I live is a serious problem)

How long did that take? And how many ink cartridges did you go through? It looks very nice, I still can't believe how big it is!!!!!!!

Edit:
I see you're uploading a video, dangit, I can't wait to see how many people you killed to do this!

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, it took faaar too long. I did the printing and piecing together one day, (took about 2 hours) and the taping up on the wall the next.

I used about 75 sheets of paper (including screw-ups), two rolls of tape, and God knows how much how ink...

However, I'm very happy and I think I have a chance of winning, so it's all water under the bridge now!

BTW, I love this contest. Even if I don't win, I always like seeing the GBATemp forum users come alive.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
BTW, I love this contest. Even if I don't win, I always like seeing the GBATemp forum users come alive.
Looks great! I'd say you have a good chance, it's obvious you put effort into it. SMASHING!
Kitty cat looked pretty happy about it too
tongue.gif

..and yeah, this has pulled people out of the woodwork a bit, I always love it when that happens. All those guys that live in the "list on the left" on the homepage, finally posting something!

So many great entries too.

I have a favorite though...
..that dreamy voice..
..it haunts me.

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Looks great! I'd say you have a good chance, it's obvious you put effort into it. SMASHING!
Kitty cat looked pretty happy about it too
tongue.gif

..and yeah, this has pulled people out of the woodwork a bit, I always love it when that happens. All those guys that live in the "list on the left" on the homepage, finally posting something!

So many great entries too.
You're right, we've had some awesome entries already. I love seeing the creative side of everyone that we might not get to see on a daily posting basis. When we get into talking about DLDI, EZ-Flash, and DS-X, we all forget that everyone else has the rest of their lifes. This kind of lets us peek into other's creativity.

And yes, the cat enjoyed it very much.
tongue.gif

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think "that" guy will steal a place for sure. I mean, how can you even compete with it; the guitar, the acsent, the sexiness.

Edit:
Thank you, Xanikseo, I really appreciate the comment
wub.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I really-really love GBATemp!

That's my first thing I check when my PC turns on!
That's my home page!
Every day I check it, never forgive and never don't check! Check all things on it, reads all things!

And I very happy with it!
smile.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Older ROM junkies should get a kick out of my entry. No hate against no-intro, I just always preferred the radical chiptunes an intros. Adds more personality to the scene.
Also I'm worried that newbies won't really get it, but at least homebrewers could use it.
It anyone doesn't know cracktros:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracktro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn