How much do you LOVE GBAtemp?

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Opium, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Deleted_11405

Deleted_11405 Newbie

just love related

2. stutte

stutte Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2005
    United States
    wow TheStump that was amazing! great job!

3. Helmut

Helmut GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2003
    France
    Yay! I just finished my entry, but I had to find a way to put it on my PC and then do some post treatement and I'll submit it. It should be soon online.

4. Sweater Fish Del

Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2006
    United States
    So when precisely does this contest end? If there wasn't so much debate over what it's supposed to mean, I would assume that the countdown showing on the front page is counting down to the contest deadline, but I thought I'd ask just to be sure.

The countdown will reach all zeros at midnight Pacific time on Tuesday night. I'm not sure why the contest would be keyed to Pacific time instead of GMT or something, but am I right in assuming that this is when everyone has ot have their entries in?

Or is that when the winners will be announced meaning that entries have to be in sooner?

And yes, I will be coming down to the wire for sure.

...word is bondage...

5. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    Well that's funny, for me the countdown ends at midnight GMT. It looks like the counter's just counting to midnight in our individual timezones. I'd say assume entries are due by midnight GMT, unless moderators say otherwise (even if the deadline's a bit later you've lost nothing by submitting a few hours early)

6. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    The coutdown is made in flash, and flash is a client-side application. Meaning it'll use your system's clock!

Psyfira: I really like your entry. I really really do.

7. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    The countdown timer is for the "surprise". [​IMG] Not the contest deadline specifically... BUT. Yes, coincidentally, they both begin and end at the same time, so the contest will close in approx. 24 hours and 50 minutes!

8. stutte

stutte Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2005
    United States
    wow, these 2 weeks flew by. For anyone who wants my original psd for the painting I did, you can grab it here:

I

9. Helmut

Helmut GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2003
    France

10. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    Nice [​IMG] It's really interesting to see the process people go through to draw this stuff, thank you [​IMG]
    (oh and ignore lookout's comment, we're used to him coming out with some right rubbish sometimes [​IMG])

[Edit] Oh and a general comment I forgot; I'm amazed at how quickly most of you guys came up with, made and uploaded your entries. Loads of you did some fantastic stuff within 24 hours! You guys are brilliant [​IMG]

11. shadowboy

shadowboy :D

Aug 30, 2006
    United States
    GODDAMMIT!!!

My film was too big for utube, so I'm hosting it megaupload... WTF did my camera have to breaK THIS WEEK... please have made the deadline please...
    Anyway, its 500 megs, so if you know a vid site that gives you that much storage, pos it plz, otherwise dl it. (Very funny in my opinion.)

Link will be up soon, megaupload is being slow.

BTW, its a quicktime.mov file.

12. TheStump

TheStump Got Wood?

May 8, 2006
    ^^^
    Zomg 500MB, why dont you link scale the video down, compress the file man.
    the comp will be over by the time that thing uploads.

13. shadowboy

Aug 30, 2006
    United States
    How do I link scale it? I'm trying PNG/MPEG4 compression now, is there any better way?

14. TheStump

TheStump Got Wood?

May 8, 2006
    Link scale? lol i must have daze off when i type that.

just compress it. How long does it go for and what was the orignal frame size?
    Once you compress it you should be able to upload it as a youtube vid. Has to be under 100MB i think.

15. Opium
    OP

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    I use VirtualDub to compress videos. Mpeg4 or divix is usually the best bet. Just lower the bitrate and such and you should have a nice small video file.

I don't know about you but it would take me hours to download a 500MB video, we're not all on super speed internet...

16. TheStump

TheStump Got Wood?

May 8, 2006
    Cheers mate. [​IMG]
    I just Dl'd your painting, man its awsome. Great job. I would have prolly done a painting as well but i wanted to take this oppurtunity to learn how flash works anyways. Your painting would have pwnd mine [​IMG]

17. shadowboy

Aug 30, 2006
    United States
    Youtube (meh vid, really random, VIEW IT NAO OR DIE!!)Meh smexy vid!
    Imbedded in page, it'll show when craptube updates. Posted in entry thread too.

18. sewerhobo

sewerhobo Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2006
    United States
    I wish everyone the best of luck! Oh, the new skin rocks!

-- Peace

19. xvagos

xvagos Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2007
    Greece
    VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!

20. TheStump

TheStump Got Wood?

May 8, 2006
    Shadowboy.... [​IMG]

i want that 2:19 of my life back, no offensive but i found that neither humorous nor entertaining.
    I so glad you didnt make people DL'd that as a 500MB file, so one would have killed you for wasting that bandwidth.
    so kudos on your effort.

Yes good luck to everyone, espeically tshu that mans love is beyond words...well besides the ones he used to describe his love. But yeah [​IMG]

Big thanks to GBAtemp for organising this and the R4 team for the prizes, i await the judges decision.