How much can you Bench press?

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's been a while since I did any weights (coming up a year) but I've never been sure how much I can actually press. I'm a bit of a weaking though since I keep falling out of my routines.

I have a 20-25 minute workout consisting of curls, press, sit ups, pushups and a few other things (which I don't know the names of), usually 8-12 reps in each depending on how I'm feeling. I repeat this 2-3 times depending on if I've been for a run earlier or just a quick warmup.

I guess at my peak I was lifting 25kg, but I would have been able to lift more if all I was doing was some presses, but I didn't want to wear myself out/injure myself doing anything stupid during my routine.

CrystalSweet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
im 14, a girl, and can do 2 sets of 8 with 70 lbs

gym class
biggrin.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
My boyfriend curls like 3 sets of 15, 25lbs. He says he has a hard time building muscle though. :\ Anyone know why? He goes to the gym about 3 times a week, and doesn't have dumbbells at home. He's 16, and weighs about... 145, I think.

No offense, but is your boyfriend Asian? Asian boyfriends can't build too much, I had experience, no wait...
wtf.gif
Haha, yeah, he is asian. But I don't think that's it. :\ I mean, there's tons of asian guys at my school that are 15-16 years old and have huge muscles o__o

I think Ill tell him the other suggestion, do less reps and more weight.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
My boyfriend curls like 3 sets of 15, 25lbs. He says he has a hard time building muscle though. :\ Anyone know why? He goes to the gym about 3 times a week, and doesn't have dumbbells at home. He's 16, and weighs about... 145, I think.

No offense, but is your boyfriend Asian? Asian boyfriends can't build too much, I had experience, no wait...
wtf.gif
Haha, yeah, he is asian. But I don't think that's it. :\ I mean, there's tons of asian guys at my school that are 15-16 years old and have huge muscles o__o

He could join the army. I used to be only in the 140lb area, after army training 210lb was not a problem for me.
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
Ur from Uruguay? Hmmm... That could be a problem... Plus, military will make him more sexy, unless it makes him gay.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country

wtf.gif

He could join the army. I used to be only in the 140lb area, after army training 210lb was not a problem for me.
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
Ur from Uruguay? Hmmm... That could be a problem... Plus, military will make him more sexy, unless it makes him gay.
Uh...no, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't turn gay. >___> Anyway, what's wrong with being from Uruguay? I live in California.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah but asians just don't have the genetics for that sort of build..not their fault obviously. If he works really hard and eats non stop he'll see some improvements.

Vahnyyz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
for building body mass you have to make the mass so eating differently would probably help; increase in carbs and proteins like more sandwiches and less veggies as well as dairy and stuff can help him bulk up and a good idea which most ppl dont know is that after a good work out and a little stretching and stuff a glass or 2 of chocolate milk will help his body recover faster and better after the work out

to build muscle you need to tear muscle and to do that you have to do a little more than your used to lower the weights and more reps you'll get leaner muscle cause you're melting the fat down but if you do bigger weights and less reps then you'll tear the muscle and feel it later but your body will quickly try to repair the muscle and build more ontop of it to help compensate for the inability to hold that weight

not that i would know anything about that stuff >.>
yaynds.gif
ph34r.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

wtf.gif

I go to the gym 3 times a week as well and I see improvements on my benching and everything else. He should see if hes doing it properly first. And he shouldn't stay at a same weight for long time. If he can do 10 reps without a problem he should move up and do more weight. It should be a challenge and not so easy to do the 10th rep. And I also suggest he check out some supplements such as protein shake and use that after he works out. He should see results if he drinks that.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
I used to be able to bench 110lb multiple times when I weighed 118lb. I could also lift and toss twice that. I wish I still had my old strength.

gram

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

wtf.gif

I go to the gym 3 times a week as well and I see improvements on my benching and everything else. He should see if hes doing it properly first. And he shouldn't stay at a same weight for long time. If he can do 10 reps without a problem he should move up and do more weight. It should be a challenge and not so easy to do the 10th rep. And I also suggest he check out some supplements such as protein shake and use that after he works out. He should see results if he drinks that.

Eat right ! That's the main thing he has to do. Eating is just as important as the workout itself. Protein and carb shakes are supplements, so take that on top of what you eat, don't drink supplements instead of eating. I bench 320 lbs btw...

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

wtf.gif

Eat right ! That's the main thing he has to do. Eating is just as important as the workout itself. Protein and carb shakes are supplements, so take that on top of what you eat, don't drink supplements instead of eating. I bench 320 lbs btw...

Holy crap.. Steroids! Haha.. Just kidding.

How many reps can you do with 320 lbs?
wtf.gif

gram

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wtf.gif

Holy crap.. Steroids! Haha.. Just kidding.

How many reps can you do with 320 lbs?
wtf.gif

That's my max, 1 rep. I do 3 times 6 reps with 265lbs when I bench....

Raze1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Currently 3x10 reps with 90kg/198lbs
I weight 80kg/176lbs so i think this is O.K.

A friend of mine is Powerlifter. He weights 69kg/152lbs and he pressed 120kg/264lbs at his last contest. Of course he's only training benchpress, but it's awesome.

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
havent used weights for yrs but when i was at school i could clean and jerk 90kg
for the job i do now i do a lot of heavy lifting and can carry 70-80kg of flat packed furniture on my shoulder lol

bk in the summer a few guys from work put 4 15kg bags of sand on each of my shoulders and i walked all round the stockroom with it which even surprised the hell out of me

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow I wonder if that kind of lifting hurts your back in the long term.

I've got skinny girl arms
smile.gif
bought myself some little weights the other day, yet to use them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1