How inject pkg games bigger then 4gb on fat32 hard disk?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Tackskull, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Tackskull
    OP

Tackskull Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    France
    Hello everybody,

I have a hacked ps3 slim, I already installed some pkg games but I really don't know how to do with the bigger then 4gb once. If I have a formatted fat32 usb drive I am not able to put inside file bigger then 4gb, so how you guys can do that? There is a specific method or there are other ways?

2. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Multiman rejoins split files iirc.

Or use NTFS...

Tackskull likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You can also FTP your nonsplit packages to /dev_hdd0/packages/, which is only 2 steps (transfer and install) rather than 4 (split, copy to external, join to internal, install)

Tackskull likes this.
  4. Tackskull
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    France

Ps3 can read ntfs formatted usb drives without roblem? Then I can just install any pkg file like I do with the fat32 ones?

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Not directly, but some homebrew can

(In Irisman's file manager, you can mount a .pkg, then you will find it in Game > Package Manager > Install > Standard)

Tackskull likes this.
  6. Ace001

Ace001 GBAtemp Regular

May 31, 2013
    United States
    Use Split4g! It's never let me down~

Tackskull likes this.
  7. Tackskull
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    France

Yes this is the process I am using, but I was thinkin package manager wasn't able to rea pkg file from a ntfs usb, but if does is super easy, thanks.

Is not related with the topic but I prefer to don't open another one. I saw on the internet some people having like a program on the ps3 showing all the ps3 game with box art too. Like a frontend listing every game (similar to wiiflow on wii but not i 3d). Do you know how can I do that? What kind of program is that?

8. Mark McDonut

Mark McDonut GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    I think you're thinking of multiman, it's got a ton of themes built in.

9. Tackskull
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    France

Hi and thanks. Yes discovered a few hour ago. One more question: basically on my ps3 I have game installed showed in the home menu, but I have some games installed on multyman. The fact is that multyman doesn't see all the games are in the home menu, is like having two different gamelists. How can I let multyman listing and run all the games are in the main menu?