Hacking how hard is it to hack a wii game?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a japan game i like and i want to try and see if i can transtle to english cause i doubt it's going be going state side. so i'm just kinda curious how hard it is.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
DJPlace said:
there is a japan game i like and i want to try and see if i can transtle to english cause i doubt it's going be going state side. so i'm just kinda curious how hard it is.
If you don't know what kind of work is takes mean it's hard enough to dump the project right now.

Pip'

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
DJPlace said:
If you don't know what kind of work is takes mean it's hard enough to dump the project right now.

Pip'

i see also i'm not going bother with it cause i don't know the japan words and stuff.

woot 1,700 post mitchs!!

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
DJPlace said:

Pip'

if you don't try and ask questions how would you ever learn? what game do you want to translate? there have been a few successful translation projects in the past. FF4 probably being one of the most notable. perhaps you might try to search out some of the translation teams members from some of these projects and see if they could offer some advise.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES hacking would be significantly different from Wii hacking. Having done several minor mods/translation attempts of SNES games a few years ago, I can tell you, in theory at least, it should be much easier to access the correct portions of the game and alter them since you won't need to individually rebuilt indexes and pointer tables.

That said, it's still not a walk in the park, especially because you'll still have to modify graphics, translate the game, bug test, and do quite a bit of assembly hacking...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system