How good can a secret, kept secret be?

your thoughts

• With Nintendo's new console we step into the next generation of gaming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it will just be a WiiHD, hold on to your PS360's!

• I dont care, I just want a new console

• Total voters

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
So Nintendo are officially the most secrective company in the world, with only 8 day's untill the big E3 reveal, not a single piece of solid info has been released. I have sources and have seen other peoples sources claiming the 6.2 screen is real, and that it has a mic and camera next to it too aswell as a traditional control setup.. But no real information on the console other than it looks like a NES, and even still, it is wise to take these claims as false untill proven true with at least one good photo.

How close to E3 can they keep this secret, secret?

My point also is should we be excited? If it is this easy to keep secret, maybe it does nothing special. Maybe it is after all just a nintendo version of a 360?... And not a true next gen console...
A Wii HD. Would that be enough?

Or is it so amazing that people are locked in cages if they work on it and can't come out till its finished?

Please enjoy the poll and share your thoughts in the comments.

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why is this in User Submitted News?

Also, of course it'll be the next gen. They wouldn't announce something this big at E3 and it's just about time the big three should show their next gen system.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I was in the nintendo section wii, dont know why its now here. Also it has made this twice!! I didnt mean this to happen. I dont know how to delete one and keep one but move it back to wii discussions... Can I get some help please.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im going to laugh when they use the wii os on this new machine and we are able to install the homebrew channel, just like how the 3ds can handle flash carts. nintendo is awesome like that, they don't care about piracy and homebrew, they make billions on periphs. like this controller, it will probably be like $125 for an extra controller with a manufacturing cost of like $8.

they are good at keeping secrets, can't wait for the reveal. i honestly did not hear the NDS before launch, I wasn't online as much either, but still shows their rep.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I heard some guy in a dark, shadey alley say that this next console will display holographic visuals, feature audio hardware that will bring tears of happiness to musicians eyes and will be so fast that gaming companies will have to include a bunch of useless calculations in order to even allow them to DISPLAY their fancy loading screens for more than 0.1 second. It will be backwards compatible with the wii, gamecube, N64 and the super NES, as well as all the PS1, 2, 3, both xbox and xbox 360 games and most games on a Mac or Windows machine (XP or later). The design will be so slick that it can be used to pick up chicks...if you ever get to that, because there will also be a line-up of four dozen games ready upon launch (which will be roughly at the end of June this year). Oh, and that's just counting the first party games.

The user interface will be different, but that's okay: in light of the damage that hackers did to sony, nintendo has made an agreement with team twiizers, which means the homebrew channel will be pre-installed on every console.

Of course there'll be a new controller (that automatically cleans your hands, should they get sweaty), but you can use any wii console or accessoire, the gamecube controller as well as just about anything USB-like device ever created (except webcams, as those could be used to distribute nudity over the network).

Because of dropped hardware prices, all this can be yours for the price of 350$ (the guy in the alley couldn't tell me if this was with or without VAT).

So...yeah. Why use google if you can get the same answers from exploring that Real Life thing?

In any case: anything less than this would make me hugely disappointed.
frown.gif

wink.gif

...but in all seriousness: I voted "With Nintendo's new console we step into the next generation of gaming". Anything less than outperforming the current line-up of consoles won't attract much customers (casual gamers aren't that high-demanding of better consoles...the wii is still fine for the majority of those peeps). To me, it's just a matter to which new bar they'll set the new standard of gaming.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
If it is just a 360/ps3 in Nintnedo guise it will HAVE to be cheap to compete. The only way they could charge in excess of £200 at launch and sell it, is if it is beyond this gen in every way.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
They'll release a new console, with better hardware and random features they haven't used before so it stands out more and people can call them gimmicks.

It will be the next generation but the first option sounds as if we were flying 20 years to the future.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
They'll release a new console, with better hardware and random features they haven't used before so it stands out more and people can call them gimmicks.

It will be the next generation but the first option sounds as if we were flying 20 years to the future.
Well the DS and Wii were the only time Nintendo relied on "gimmicks" (excluding the Virtual Boy and the peripherals such as ROB and the Power Glove).

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
machomuu said:
Ikki said:

Well the DS and Wii were the only time Nintendo relied on "gimmicks" (excluding the Virtual Boy and the peripherals such as ROB and the Power Glove).
I'm pretty sure they'll take that route from now on, they like to be called revolutionaries.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Wever said:
I heard some guy in a dark, shadey alley say that this next console will display holographic visuals, feature audio hardware that will bring tears of happiness to musicians eyes and will be so fast that gaming companies will have to include a bunch of useless calculations in order to even allow them to DISPLAY their fancy loading screens for more than 0.1 second. It will be backwards compatible with the wii, gamecube, N64 and the super NES, as well as all the PS1, 2, 3, both xbox and xbox 360 games and most games on a Mac or Windows machine (XP or later). The design will be so slick that it can be used to pick up chicks...if you ever get to that, because there will also be a line-up of four dozen games ready upon launch (which will be roughly at the end of June this year). Oh, and that's just counting the first party games.

The user interface will be different, but that's okay: in light of the damage that hackers did to sony, nintendo has made an agreement with team twiizers, which means the homebrew channel will be pre-installed on every console.

Of course there'll be a new controller (that automatically cleans your hands, should they get sweaty), but you can use any wii console or accessoire, the gamecube controller as well as just about anything USB-like device ever created (except webcams, as those could be used to distribute nudity over the network).

Because of dropped hardware prices, all this can be yours for the price of 350$ (the guy in the alley couldn't tell me if this was with or without VAT).

So...yeah. Why use google if you can get the same answers from exploring that Real Life thing?

In any case: anything less than this would make me hugely disappointed.
frown.gif

wink.gif

...but in all seriousness: I voted "With Nintendo's new console we step into the next generation of gaming". Anything less than outperforming the current line-up of consoles won't attract much customers (casual gamers aren't that high-demanding of better consoles...the wii is still fine for the majority of those peeps). To me, it's just a matter to which new bar they'll set the new standard of gaming.
I also heard that all the games are free and will be a virtual reality simulator.
Anyway i'm gonna definitely buy this near launch.
The Wii is such a great console.
So i have high expectations for it.
I really need to see the controller.
I want to see how they could pull off a 6.2" screen
ohmy.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
machomuu said:
Ikki said:

I'm pretty sure they'll take that route from now on, they like to be called revolutionaries.
That's true...well, I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeve.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I bet the game will be so secret, it will be spoken about only in the Nintendo conference.

You are banned from leaking the information.
You are not allowed to leak information.

This will DEFINITELY not end up like the first piece of Skyward Sword art that was leaked.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know what to expect. No doubt this new console will again sell lots, but I don't know if it will be more of a real gaming console than the Wii.
I'm sceptical at the moment, and I also hope Nintendo finally gets proper third party support with this new console. So not like it's now, PS3 and 360 exclusive titles (something also PC) and then the Wii nothing or a very dumbed down ugly piece of shit.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I believe it will be a step into the Next-Gen of gaming. I doubt that Nintendo would release anything such as Wii HD, their focus is mainly on entertainment for all ages, not graphics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again