How does one make IEvo boot in DSI

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by humbert, Jun 12, 2011.

1. humbert
    OP

humbert Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2006
    Okay, I created a bootstrap using the necessary US roms. I flashed it on the card. When the flashcard is inside the 3DS it shows as Mechassault, meaning that the console sees the flashcard as a DS card. Therefore, when I boot it I get the error message. How do I make IEvo boot in DSI Mode on 3DS?

2. indask8

indask8 New Member Forever

Apr 19, 2007
    France
    Look at the Flag...
    You need a DSi to boot it, then go to the settings menu and switch to DSi mode.

For now you can't use the cyclo Ievo on 3DS without a DSi to set it up.

3. samjef11

samjef11 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 28, 2009
    And by the responce by team cyclo ds mode on the 3ds will not be fixed by a patch as nthey said the dsi mode work fine they have no reason to make or to hurry making a patch update to run the card in ds mode onm the 3ds in otherwords they porbly won't make an update.

4. Che

Che Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2005
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow
    But Wi-Fi doesn`t work in DSi mode! No reason? [​IMG]

5. samjef11

samjef11 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 28, 2009
    And that won't be fixed anytime soon from far i can see because TeamCyclops seem to not really care or put in any effort.

6. Inpression

Inpression Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2007
    United States
    They used to be one of the best providing support, now they pretty much tell everyone to fuck off.

7. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    It depends a lot on what is used when the hack is run. The Cooking Coach doesn't have Wifi so making WiFi on it isn't that easy. Running a game in DSL mode for a while to get the needed WiFi parts done isn't that bad compared to just playing it in DSL mode only (something that everyone else have to do).

@humbert: Currently the DSi mode is enabled in a DSi/DSiXL since apparently the 3DS doesn't work with DSL mode on the iEvo. Thus you could just ask in a game store if you could quickly test a game on it before buying it (and thus setting the iEvo to DSi mode).

@Inpression: Get real, quite a few companies have problems with giving out updates. I admit that TC doesn't give info beforehand regarding new FW like some comps, but it does deliver new updates. Possibly as often as other or so. Also before anything, I have a R4, a CycloDS Evo, Acekard 2i, Supercard DSTwo and an iEvo. I do my fair share of testing and none of them are near perfect in all aspects.

-Qtis