How does one make IEvo boot in DSI

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by humbert, Jun 12, 2011.

Jun 12, 2011
  1. humbert
    OP

Newcomer humbert Newbie

Okay, I created a bootstrap using the necessary US roms. I flashed it on the card. When the flashcard is inside the 3DS it shows as Mechassault, meaning that the console sees the flashcard as a DS card. Therefore, when I boot it I get the error message. How do I make IEvo boot in DSI Mode on 3DS?

2. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    You need a DSi to boot it, then go to the settings menu and switch to DSi mode.

For now you can't use the cyclo Ievo on 3DS without a DSi to set it up.

3. samjef11

Member samjef11 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    And by the responce by team cyclo ds mode on the 3ds will not be fixed by a patch as nthey said the dsi mode work fine they have no reason to make or to hurry making a patch update to run the card in ds mode onm the 3ds in otherwords they porbly won't make an update.

4. Che

Newcomer Che Newbie

Russia
    But Wi-Fi doesn`t work in DSi mode! No reason? [​IMG]

5. samjef11

Member samjef11 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    And that won't be fixed anytime soon from far i can see because TeamCyclops seem to not really care or put in any effort.

6. Inpression

Newcomer Inpression Advanced Member

United States
    They used to be one of the best providing support, now they pretty much tell everyone to fuck off.

7. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    It depends a lot on what is used when the hack is run. The Cooking Coach doesn't have Wifi so making WiFi on it isn't that easy. Running a game in DSL mode for a while to get the needed WiFi parts done isn't that bad compared to just playing it in DSL mode only (something that everyone else have to do).

@humbert: Currently the DSi mode is enabled in a DSi/DSiXL since apparently the 3DS doesn't work with DSL mode on the iEvo. Thus you could just ask in a game store if you could quickly test a game on it before buying it (and thus setting the iEvo to DSi mode).

@Inpression: Get real, quite a few companies have problems with giving out updates. I admit that TC doesn't give info beforehand regarding new FW like some comps, but it does deliver new updates. Possibly as often as other or so. Also before anything, I have a R4, a CycloDS Evo, Acekard 2i, Supercard DSTwo and an iEvo. I do my fair share of testing and none of them are near perfect in all aspects.

-Qtis