How do you spend 2009 Valentine's Day with him or her?

CRXsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valentines Day has always been a rollercoaster for me and my wife. Two years ago we missed our friend's annual party because I was sick, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise as that morning at 4 a.m. my wife went into labor. If we had gone to the party I would have still been drunk.

Last year the whole family had the stomach flu.

This year we have a baby sitter all lined up. We are going to our favorite Indian place for dinner and then to the party. We are both crossing our fingers that the poop won't hit the fan the day before the party because this is the first real date we've had in almost a year.

No video game stuff as we don't see eye to eye on the way I spend my "free" time. Now if she wants to dress up like Lara Croft or something I'm down with that.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont believe in Valentine's Day. I love someone everyday and I give a gift at any days any months I want. The Valentine's Day is ridiclous and weird. I have see many people like that in good mood for Valentine's day then they become dog eat dog world later. RIDICULOUS! Its FALSE!

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
OSW said:
moozxy said:
Shit.. I started dating a girl a week and a half before Valentines..

Oh man, that sucks balls. I had about the same time with my gf (or maybe an extra week?) right when i started uni, damn annoying pressure.

The gf is away this year so i cant really do much lol, but still the pressure will be on to have something ready for her return.

Any advice for what I can do for her return?... BTW this will be combined with 1 year... ... i'm in the shit now.
Easy Proposal Maker LOL!!! JUST KIDDING!

Eh, well you gotta start preparing in advance if you want it to go well
smile.gif
Oh, in case you need some ideas... what a friend of mine did to receive his girlfriend a year ago was to fill his girlfriend's room with hundreds of helium balloons, each with a personal message on it saying how much he missed her. That really touched her! But just don't fill the balloons too early, or you may find them deflated when she gets back-- which was what really happened haha.

I personally feel that girls tend to respond best to thoughtful gifts made by people they like... it doesn't really need to be expensive, as long as she can see that you've put in the effort she would be touched! Maybe for a start you could like dress up real smart, get some flowers and pick her up at the airport... it makes her feel special

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
da_head said:
BiscuitBee said:
but I AM going to Toronto HAI
smileipb2.png
ohmy.gif
I guess if you can find me then downtown... but don't go shouting BISCUIT!! BISCUITBEE!! That would be embarrassing!

Densetsu3000 said:
tinymonkeyt said:
QUOTE(BiscuitBee @ Feb 4 2009, 10:21 AM)
Perhaps I could find some fun there
smile.gif
....i.e. Korean BBQ and Hot Pot...
asian food ftw!
have you tried that ..hmm like tofu thing? its like tofu in this black bowl thing (its metal and really hot) and you like put in eggs (raw) and mix it all around.
You mean sukiyaki? I love that stuff!
Mmmm sukiyaki. I'm PRETTY sure that I had that the last time I was in California, just a little bit more cooked. A friend took me to a Japanese restaurant near Irvine (I think?) and it was delicious! Also, mango pudding. I forget where that was, though. Some Asian place with sticky pictures on the second floor!

Now that's a Valentine's date: Sukiyaki, Mango Pudding dessert, sticky pictures
smile.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
xoinx said:
OSW said:
moozxy said:
Shit.. I started dating a girl a week and a half before Valentines..

Oh man, that sucks balls. I had about the same time with my gf (or maybe an extra week?) right when i started uni, damn annoying pressure.

The gf is away this year so i cant really do much lol, but still the pressure will be on to have something ready for her return.

Any advice for what I can do for her return?... BTW this will be combined with 1 year... ... i'm in the shit now.
Easy Proposal Maker LOL!!! JUST KIDDING!

Eh, well you gotta start preparing in advance if you want it to go well
smile.gif
Oh, in case you need some ideas... what a friend of mine did to receive his girlfriend a year ago was to fill his girlfriend's room with hundreds of helium balloons, each with a personal message on it saying how much he missed her. That really touched her! But just don't fill the balloons too early, or you may find them deflated when she gets back-- which was what really happened haha.

I personally feel that girls tend to respond best to thoughtful gifts made by people they like... it doesn't really need to be expensive, as long as she can see that you've put in the effort she would be touched! Maybe for a start you could like dress up real smart, get some flowers and pick her up at the airport... it makes her feel special
Thanks buddy! That gives me that bit of inspiration that i needed
smile.gif

I'll see what kind of personal touch i can produce
wub.gif

CRXsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
I dont believe in Valentine's Day. I love someone everyday and I give a gift at any days any months I want. The Valentine's Day is ridiclous and weird. I have see many people like that in good mood for Valentine's day then they become dog eat dog world later. RIDICULOUS! Its FALSE!

Sounds like someone is going to be all alone on Valentines Day.

Just pushing buttons
nyanya.gif

I know what you mean, this is a total marketing driven day.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont even know its usually she decides what to do and where to go and I pay for it.

I would give Animal Crossing DS for a gift because its just such an easy choice considering the whole game style.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know what I'm thinking there should be a significant friendship emphasis on Valentine's day simply because your close friends are special as well. Not everyone can find a date but 99% of people have a friend or friends that they care deeply about.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BiscuitBee said:
da_head said:
BiscuitBee said:
but I AM going to Toronto
HAI
smileipb2.png
ohmy.gif
I guess if you can find me then downtown... but don't go shouting BISCUIT!! BISCUITBEE!! That would be embarrassing!

She told you not to do it da_head, so I'll do that in place of you. If you see anyone shouting BiscuitBee a few miles away. That'd be me.
biggrin.gif

But yeah, I've been craving kBBQ and Sushi. I need to get myself some of that. Sushi first before kBBQ!

I gotta find something to do with my girl too. She likes sushi.. so why not. But I gotta find her a present or she's gonna get disappointed in me.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
The Teej said:
I'm still going for my imaginary world record of most amount of years spent single on Valentines day. 22 years and counting!

*sigh*
LoL are you joking?

But nyways, same for me this year... no plans, am single(atm). Meh I dont give a damn right now.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
BakuFunn said:
Haha, you make everyone else look bad
tongue.gif
Well, since she started medical school and moved to the East Coast, I only see her 2-3 times a year now when she comes home for the holidays, spring break, summer, etc. And I'll only be doing that for a week--I wouldn't do that for her every day
tongue.gif

BakuFunn said:
But really, you are like the perfect guy, aren't you?Far from it, I'm normally a slob when I'm with her, but like I said it's only for a short amount of time. She's definitely a keeper!

QUOTE(BakuFunn @ Feb 4 2009, 10:05 PM)
I'm still contemplating whether i should still chase this girl, who "likes me a lot but just not in that way"
I'm sad.
In high school one of my male friends really liked another one of my female friends. As time went on and his feelings for her got really strong, she found out about it, but she said that she didn't like him back in that way. She had talks with all of her female friends and they all told me the same thing when I tried to do reconnaissance for him. Then I talked to her directly and asked her if she really didn't like him back. She told me that she really only wanted to be friends with him, and that was final. So I told him what she said and that he should just stop pursuing her. It was the worst piece of advice I've ever given a friend. Of course, he couldn't just stop feeling what he was feeling for her, and he continued to talk to her and was even more open about his feelings for her. Eventually she started to like him back, and then they started hanging out alone, then dating, and now they're happily married.

I'm really happy for them, but I still remember that one time I told him not to pursue her because it was no use. Had he listened to me, I don't know if they'd be married now. All I'm saying is, don't be discouraged just because a girl says "I like you but not in that way." Just be persistent without being a stalker or being too pushy, and give it time.

*EDIT*
And don't be all moody around her when she's not giving you the attention you want. Girls hate moody emo little bitches.

Wow, thanks.
You give really good advice.
The girl keeps teasing me about how im moody, and I tried not be be like that. Even though this semester we don't have any classes together, we still see each other. During my lunch today, i sat with some other people selling valentine's bears and dogs in my school. They tried to convince me to buy one for her, but i didnt have enough money
tongue.gif
After school, for the first time in a week or two, she finally spent some actual time alone with me. We went to some stores, got food, walked around and stuff, talking all the way. I even followed her into the train (The train station is a block away from my home) and instead of talking to her other friends (What she usually does) she paid attention to me. I was really happy and stuff, and I only left when I was not allowed to get onto the LIRR. Then i got back on the train and went home.

A lot of my friends told me to not give up, and to keep pursuing her. I was not sure myself, and one person told me to choose from heart and mind. Haha. As myself, i do not really have that much confidence. I keep thinking that she could get another guy easier. After asking some friends, one person told me a backstory, and how her last relationship was bad, resulting her to be reluctant to get into another one. I am one of her great friends, and even after her telling me the feeling is not mutual, we are still great friends. Even though i hope my unrequited love is returned, I am still sad because of my lack of confidence.

That story seems just like my situation, except no one actually tole me to give up. The only thing that told me to give up is my mind and it's lack of confidence...

You give great advice, thanks.

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@OSW:
glad I could be of service lol. be real nice to her... and (as Densetsu3000 likes to say) you may actually get some
smileipb2.png

BakuFunn said:
Wow, thanks.
The girl keeps teasing me about how im moody, and I tried not be be like that. Even though this semester we don't have any classes together, we still see each other. During my lunch today, i sat with some other people selling valentine's bears and dogs in my school. They tried to convince me to buy one for her, but i didnt have enough money
tongue.gif
After school, for the first time in a week or two, she finally spent some actual time alone with me. We went to some stores, got food, walked around and stuff, talking all the way. I even followed her into the train (The train station is a block away from my home) and instead of talking to her other friends (What she usually does) she paid attention to me. I was really happy and stuff, and I only left when I was not allowed to get onto the LIRR. Then i got back on the train and went home.

A lot of my friends told me to not give up, and to keep pursuing her. I was not sure myself, and one person told me to choose from heart and mind. Haha. As myself, i do not really have that much confidence. I keep thinking that she could get another guy easier. After asking some friends, one person told me a backstory, and how her last relationship was bad, resulting her to be reluctant to get into another one. I am one of her great friends, and even after her telling me the feeling is not mutual, we are still great friends. Even though i hope my unrequited love is returned, I am still sad because of my lack of confidence.

That story seems just like my situation, except no one actually tole me to give up. The only thing that told me to give up is my mind and it's lack of confidence...

Awww, I feel happy for you! Hang in there and all the best
smile.gif

edit: too many quotes :S

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
laugh.gif
I know what you mean, it was a "holiday" created by Hallmark just as an excuse to generate more revenue. I see it like going to church. Some people go on Sunday and act like a saint on that one day, and then the rest of the week they're total a-holes. Some people treat their significant other like their world on V-day, but then the rest of the year they're arguing with each other. Also for the holidays, people tend to be more charitable and will donate to various organizations, but on a normal day wouldn't even give a homeless person the time of day. But it depends on the person I guess. Of course, I don't love my girlfriend any more on V-day or any less on any other day of the year. It's just a good excuse for me to fly out to NY to visit her, wine her and dine her since I don't see her much any other time of the year. And I haven't spent any money on Hallmark products
wink.gif

BiscuitBee said:
Mmmm sukiyaki. I'm PRETTY sure that I had that the last time I was in California, just a little bit more cooked. A friend took me to a Japanese restaurant near Irvine (I think?) and it was delicious! Also, mango pudding. I forget where that was, though. Some Asian place with sticky pictures on the second floor!

Now that's a Valentine's date: Sukiyaki, Mango Pudding dessert, sticky pictures
smile.gif
LOVE mango pudding! But isn't that a Thai dessert? What restaurant did you go to that serves sukiyaki and mango pudding? Interesting!

Sukiyaki, mango pudding and sticky pictures...that actually sounds like a typical Asian-American date!
laugh.gif

QUOTE(BakuFunn @ Feb 5 2009, 02:11 PM)
Wow, thanks.
tongue.gif

Good luck
wink.gif
Go get her!

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will be spending Valentines alone :[

Probably [sadly] doing school work, Might play some video games. but that's about it really.

fengfeng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man, like someone said that" if you really love him or her, nomatter whatever you send and he/her will love it." So say no to those luxurious gift idea. The most important thing in this Valentine Day is happiness and getting together. Do not make your love "dirty" by much material enjoyment.

My girl love video game, and I will show her how to play patience. So comparing with sending a Swatch her, this planing will be more worthwhile. And Vatenline' Day is not only the day for lovers in my oppion, it should be the day for anyone who help you once. In this meaning, anybody who gave you help should be got your best wish in VD.

My girl had an idea that invite some of our good friends to play Wii. Anyway, playing together is much happier that playing alone, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@