Hardware How do you replace a wii fan?

UKTone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a website I seen one for $20 (not sure how much the tax and/or the shipping was/is), and I don't know what screwdrivers I need, I have none of my own so how do I get them and which ones do I need?

If I could get lowe's, home depot, ebay, or etc. links with the items I need, that would be great.

Sir_Shaggy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To open up a Wii you will need a phillips screwdriver and a tri-wing screwdriver. The tri-wing is sold online through many of the mod chip sites.

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
UKTone said:
On a website I seen one for $20 (not sure how much the tax and/or the shipping was/is), and I don't know what screwdrivers I need, I have none of my own so how do I get them and which ones do I need?

If I could get lowe's, home depot, ebay, or etc. links with the items I need, that would be great.

They also sell tri-wing screw driver bits in security bit sets. I just picked up this set at micro-center for 20 bucks, which is a pretty good deal for this size of a set.
http://www.micro-center.com/single_product...duct_id=0273766

If you don't have a Micro Center try Radio Shack or a Frys.

-FTen

UKTone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the opening/souldering sticky (weird I didn't see it earlier) said I need a small philips screwdriver, what size is that?
Also what is a cutter tool, what is it for, and what is a good one? Do I need one for this?
Also what size do I need, 1 or 3, the sticky didn't make it clear enough, and said ebay has size 3 (their .99 on ebay from hong kong and 2.09 from north american/us sellers). Do I need both? On ebay they don't say what size it is, at least I don't think so.

Also what do I need to do with the fan to make it work? Is the fan souldered, screwed on, or what?

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
UKTone said:
In the opening/souldering sticky (weird I didn't see it earlier) said I need a small philips screwdriver, what size is that?
Also what is a cutter tool, what is it for, and what is a good one? Do I need one for this?
Also what size do I need, 1 or 3, the sticky didn't make it clear enough, and said ebay has size 3 (their .99 on ebay from hong kong and 2.09 from north american/us sellers). Do I need both? On ebay they don't say what size it is, at least I don't think so.

Also what do I need to do with the fan to make it work? Is the fan souldered, screwed on, or what?

Q1. The best phillips head to use is a #00 size, although if you can't find a #00, a #0 should work with a little pressure.

Q2. The cutting tool is used to pry up the feet and strickers that hide the screws. I use a tiny flat tip for that, but really you can use what ever you think will pry it up with the least amount of damage.

Q3: Although there are multipule size screws used in the Wii the #00 size phillips and a tri-wing should take care of all your screw needs. I'm not sure what 1 and 3 refer to but if you send me a link and I can tell you what it means.

Q4: The fan is a two wire plug-in fan. So all you need to do to make a replacement work is to plug it in. See below;
Wii_Fan_1.jpg

-FTen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k