Hacking How do you repair a partially updated system menu?

ningling12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a stock Wii that claims it is on 4.3U but cannot be letter bombed. I have checked system date/time, used various Fat32-formatted SDs with letterbomb payloads in their root, but never see the letter anywhere in the calendar. I think the 4.3U update was interrupted at some point and maybe causing this problem.

So, how do you repair a partial update on a stock Wii? Any ideas? Thank you.

DestroyedEDGE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(removed because untrue) Did you go to the official LB website and type in your Wii's MAC Address?
You could just install a 4.3 WAD with DOP-Mii or something

Last edited by DestroyedEDGE,

DestroyedEDGE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignore that post anyways, but are you able to use Bathaxx/Indiana Pwns/other game exploits? If you don't have HBC, then you need to get it some other way without LB because otherwise I don't know how you could fix it. Maybe insert a disc with 4.3U update?

ningling12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will give it a try. I am using a new router so I will have to figure out how to get the wii talking to it without my notes. I remember having to change the router settings so that it would not switch channels and would prefer a particular one or something... That's why I was hoping for an offline approach, but it looks like I have no choice. Thank you both for your help.

Reactions: ry755

ningling12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after wifi was established, the Wii tried to update but found the console was already up to date. Thanks to your suggestions of trying a game save exploit, my focus was finally pulled away from the Letter bombing approach, leading me to Flashhax.

I grabbed the internet channel from the eShop and gave Flashhax a go. It took on the third attempt and I was able to add the HBC. I also found out that this console can have BootMii on boot2 (score!), giving me some relief. Hopefully it can be done, then I can address whatever corruption has already been done to this console with a safety net.

In the meantime, I haven't been able to put BootMii on boot2 because the SD cards I have cannot be mounted (error code -1). So, either my Wii is VERY picky about SD cards, or the reader is shot. Either way, it explains why Letter bombing, Wilbranding etc. would never have been successful with my current setup.

I am going to start a new thread for this, thank you!

Reactions: ry755

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1