Hacking Homebrew app How do you put the homebrew channel onto a virgin EmuNAND?

NormalMisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been reading about how to create an EmuNAND on the Wii, but nobody ever seems to mention how you get the homebrew channel onto your EmuNAND, such that you can run homebrew apps on the EmuNAND. It's literally never mentioned. Without HBC you wouldn't be able to run a WAD manager in order to install a WAD on your EmuNAND, is that correct? I understand that you can inject WADs on a PC, but that is beside the point.

Is it somehow impossible to put the homebrew channel on a virgin EmuNAND? Obviously if you dumped your own NAND and loaded it as an EmuNAND, you'd have the Homebrew Channel. Is that right? Therefore it's possible to have the Homebrew Channel on an emulated NAND. But how do you put in on one if it is not already there?

EDIT: A related question - if you deleted the HBC channel on a Wii, Do you effectively have to hack it again to put it back on? That makes no sense to me. The Wii still has the ability to run whatever it likes as you could have various other channels that run various bits of homebrew/loaders etc. So what is special about the HBC? There seems to be something special about it, but I'm not smart enough to work it out.

Thanks,

Misha

Last edited by NormalMisha,

NormalMisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LOL. Just seen this in the ModMii classic tool:

ModMii
by XFlak

EMULATED NAND MODIFIER

Would you like a Post Loader Forwarder Channel on your emulated NAND?

Post Loader aims to replace the Homebrew Channel, Forwarders,
USB-Loader with emulated NAND support, etc.

It's used to be impossible to install the latest Homebrew Channel
to emulated nands so this gained much popularity as an alternative.

Today you can use the Open Homebrew Channel by FIX94 on your EmuNAND,
just find and install the WAD using ModMii, ShowMiiWads, etc.

So there we go. I still wonder why it is the case though. Oh to be clever enough!

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can