Hacking How do you guys go about loading GC games these days?

TheJorsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, I'd like to know what the strategy on running GC games is.
I used to be able to, but after a while I hadn't used the GC loader any more, and stopped using it altogether.
Add a few firmware updates, and there you have it, I can't figure out how to run them anymore.

I'm on 4.3U, and as some of you may already know, the cIOS installer for the Gamecube Backup Loader doesn't work any more.
I've got my Wii set up so it can run Wii stuff on dvds and through my external hard drive, I just can't run GC backups.
I tried whatever the latest version of the Gamecube Backup Loader there is (I forget which number atm), and I tried USBLoader GX.
They both recognize my games on dvds, but when they try to run them they return to the Wii menu.
Well, Bootmii, then the Wii menu.
I was going to try loading a iso through USBLoader GX, but either it can't see it on there, or I don't know where I'm supposed to put the iso on my external hard drive so the loader will see it.
I'm assuming I'm missing some sort of cIOS, but I'm not sure what.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: after looking around some more, I'm pretty sure I misunderstood the chart in the "backup loading basics" thread.
I've been wondering how they figured out how to load GC games off of something plugged into the USB port.
XD

I already have the few of my games that I actually wanted to play burned onto dvds anyway though.

TheJorsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my edit.
There's not a way to.
I thought there might be, because I had misread the backup loading basics thread.
But there's not, unless somebody comes in here and can prove that there is.

I still need help running the dvds though.
I can't figure out what I'm missing.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TheJorsh said:
EDIT: after looking around some more, I'm pretty sure I misunderstood the chart in the "backup loading basics" thread.
I've been wondering how they figured out how to load GC games off of something plugged into the USB port.
XD

I already have the few of my games that I actually wanted to play burned onto dvds anyway though.
I gather from this, that your issue is solved.

-[]D

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
You need a Mios installed. I recommend to look in the hacking section and use sticky to resoftmod your wii correctly. 4.3 is no problem at all I was on 4.3 and reinstalled 4.2 in a breeze

TheJorsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there isn't a way to do it without downgrading?
If that's the case I'm alright with waiting another 2 weeks to get back to my GC games two states away.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TheJorsh said:
So there isn't a way to do it without downgrading?
If that's the case I'm alright with waiting another 2 weeks to get back to my GC games two states away.
I'm also on 4.3 and I can still play all my gamecube backups, you only need a cMIOS, the best one is in the neogamma thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: I forgot I was in this group :skull: