ROM Hack how do you get rom hacks and graphical mods to work in atmosphere

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were sorry its just this stuff isnt well documented online on what to do when the mod isnt running I came here cause I was told this community was supportive. How do we know if our configuration is messed up and how do we fix it? Also i get the feeling my configuration is fine cause i can get the modded menu and loading screens its just the trainers are unedited I wanted to know if I am doing something wrong

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Something changed and you have to hold down L while loading the game. It's stupid.
Maybe thats what the issue was

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently they changed where LayeredFS mods are placed so if you're following older instructions they are probably referring to the old location, which no longer works.

Would you happen to know this new location and what do I do inside of it I am just supposed to copy the renamed title id folder like before right?

afeufeufeu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's in the "contents" folder now instead of "titles". Copy the folder named something like this "0100A0A00E660000" inside of it. Your hack or cheat should be loaded at the launch of the game.
If you want to temporarely disable your cheat, hold L when you launch your game. Hope it helps you.

Last edited by afeufeufeu,
Reactions: The Real Jdbye

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's in the "contents" folder now instead of "titles". Copy the folder named something like this "0100A0A00E660000" inside of it. Your hack or cheat should be loaded at the launch of the game.
If you want to temporarely disable your cheat, hold L when you launch your game. Hope it helps you.

if your wondering im trying to play this hack https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-sacred-sword-kings-shield.553043/ and I can get every edit in the game to show up except the trainers having different pokemon so Im gonna try your method now

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just tested it on 2 different payload injections being the latest hekate as well as fusee primary bin and still having the same issue where I get the edited title screen sacred sword, different, creator message, different menu displaying sacred sword, and new pokemon abilities but the trainers still dont have different pokemon Im wondering if the game just isnt detecting the trainer poke and data folders. Do you think starting a new save file will rectify the issue?

afeufeufeu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's a weird bug, the hack is clearly working if you see the sacred sword title screen :unsure:
I just checked on the sacred sword thread and I saw this :
"If you want only the trainer edits, go into the romfs folder and delete the folder titled "pml""
You should first try your idea (maybe a new save solves it all), if it doesn't work, check if there are other folders than "pml" in you 010000XXXXX folder.

EDIT : apparently you're not the only one with this issue
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sacred-sword-trainer-edits.559346/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sacred-sword-isnt-showing-the-edited-trainers.559251/
No idea :ohnoes: hope creating the new save helps

Last edited by afeufeufeu,

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a weird bug, the hack is clearly working if you see the sacred sword title screen :unsure:
I just checked on the sacred sword thread and I saw this :
"If you want only the trainer edits, go into the romfs folder and delete the folder titled "pml""
You should first try your idea (maybe a new save solves it all), if it doesn't work, check if there is other folders than "pml" in you 010000XXXXX folder.

EDIT : apparently you're not the only one with this issue
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sacred-sword-trainer-edits.559346/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sacred-sword-isnt-showing-the-edited-trainers.559251/
No idea :ohnoes: hope creating the new save helps
ok ill test and try to come back in an hour to see if it works
so far so good in the first rival battle he has his hidden ability

Last edited by playsaves3,

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the first 3 trainers still arent edited after deleting the save but the 2nd hop battle seems to be edited as he now has 4 pokemon instead of 3 and his levels match the one in the video kobzaco uploaded so it seems this is a new version of the mod and that previous trainer list is outdated thanks for the help it seems I got it working

Reactions: afeufeufeu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: There is black rice flour, and its really black colored