67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone
rolleyes.gif

I was just wondering today, how do you get banned from LiVe?
Is it only if you play your games online, or if you sign in to live while playing, or having played those backups?
unsure.gif

I don't really play online, so its all good
yay.gif

I really want to flash my xBox now, do you think I should still wait for LiteTouch?
Thanks

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I'm afraid these questions have been answered a fair few times already.

Nobody knows specifically how you get banned from LIVE. It seems that M$ has started detecting iXtreme, which is why LT is so eagerly anticipated. A recent dashboard update (some suggest v8xxx and beyond) seems to let the console detect iXtreme and flag itself for banning (changing the XValue indicating a security issue), so the next time you connect online, it sends the XValue and you get banned. Some say M$ are just cracking down on the more popular warez games (mostly Halo 3: ODST and CoD: Modern Warfare 2), flagging you for a ban when they detect you running a warez signature game instead of a unique signature original game. Once you're flagged on the servers, you're half-way banned already.

Once you're flagged for a ban, signing into LIVE at all at any point will get you banned. The process literally takes seconds (from my experience). Currently there are ways to prevent getting banned if you know you're flagged, but that requires homebrew enabled.

As for flashing your Xbox, best answer is wait until LiteTouch, or stay legit. There is no ETA, so it could be a couple weeks, it could be a couple months. According to scene updates though, the team working on it is having a lot of fun with it, so we know it's not all doom and gloom for the scene.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn