Hacking How do you boot Action Replay...

Killer Phantom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the latest firmware of Wii? (3.1 I think)

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, because none of the thread I looked at have clear answer, so I have to ask again.

Thanks a lot.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
burn a gcos disc and burn it to a dvd or mini dvd, boot it, swap your disc with the action replay and it will boot, there is a hacked action replay going around that directly boots but it's only available at black cats right now.

Killer Phantom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burn a gcos disc and burn it to a dvd or mini dvd, boot it, swap your disc with the action replay and it will boot, there is a hacked action replay going around that directly boots but it's only available at black cats right now.

Thanks a lot...but what exactly is black cats? :wtf:

What version of GCOS will work, all of them or newer ones?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to this thread on TekSkeen, an updated Action Replay/SD Media Launcher has been released that works on the newer firmwares. The following screen shot was posted about it (new version on the left, old version on the right):

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6391/projectqd2.jpg

I'm not sure whether or not it allows you to add new codes to it, however.

Killer Phantom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What modchip do you have?

YAOSM and Wiikey should be able to boot action replay... (AFAIK)

It's WiiKey.

btw, is it just me or after I updated my WiiKey firmware to 1.9g, SSBM seems to take longer to load on my Wii?

I still didn't get to update to firmware 3.1, I'm kinda scared, I loved using debug menu in Melee.

According to this thread on TekSkeen, an updated Action Replay/SD Media Launcher has been released that works on the newer firmwares. The following screen shot was posted about it (new version on the left, old version on the right):

Part of the reason I use AR is because of homebrew codes, Datel codes aren't very innovative, in fact I never use them unless the game is too goddamn hard to beat.

So yeah, it'd be pretty useless for me if it won't allow me to add new codes.

Anyway, thank you very much for helping me out.

Davy32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Hi, i've got an old AR and my Wii is up to date and i can boot the AR flawlessly.
WHy can i boot it? While others can't?!?
BTW: i can boot the original and a copy aswell.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Thanks a lot...but what exactly is black cats? :wtf:

What version of GCOS will work, all of them or newer ones?

black cats is a private tracker, that is the only known place where you can obtain this hacked action replay (which lets you boot it directly wihout the need of gcos). but any version of gcos thats boots on the Wii will boot the action replay disc.

According to this thread on TekSkeen, an updated Action Replay/SD Media Launcher has been released that works on the newer firmwares. The following screen shot was posted about it (new version on the left, old version on the right):

thats for homebrew though? the sd media launcher and stuff, the one hosted on black cats is just simply for action replay codes.

QUOTE(arctic_flame @ Dec 17 2007, 07:23 PM)What modchip do you have?

YAOSM and Wiikey should be able to boot action replay... (AFAIK)

as of now, no modchip can boot the action replay directly without a gcos disc or the hacked action replay that was released recently.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Part of the reason I use AR is because of homebrew codes, Datel codes aren't very innovative, in fact I never use them unless the game is too goddamn hard to beat.

So yeah, it'd be pretty useless for me if it won't allow me to add new codes.

Anyway, thank you very much for helping me out.

Sorry, I left some key things out of my post. According to 'Stigmata' on TehSkeen, the updated disc that he received from Datel has the Action Replay, SD Media Launcher, and FreeLoader functions on it. They are not separate products. While you can't enter new codes for the Action Replay part of it, the SD Media Launcher (accessed by inserting the SD Memory Card that comes with it) allows you to run homebrew for GameCube, and the FreeLoader would allow you to play imports for GameCube. I believe, if you wanted, you could contact Datel, and they will send you a free updated replacement disc, or, like jalaneme said, just burn a copy of GCOS, and use that to boot the Action Replay.

Killer Phantom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've burned GCOS.

By the way, I have one more question about Wiikey.

I updated its firmware to 1.9g, but I noticed that it takes much longer time to load SSBM than it did before I update its firmware.

Is there anything wrong with my Wiikey? Or firmware itself?

Thanks.

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
My v1.08 (or v1.06, just cant remember) AR boots around once every 100 tries. It boots totally randomly. I tried earlier and after 100 tries it didn't boot, now I restarted my system and it booted 3 times. How odd and I have the v3.11U (or whatever it is) firmware on my Wii.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
black cats is a private tracker, that is the only known place where you can obtain this hacked action replay (which lets you boot it directly wihout the need of gcos). but any version of gcos thats boots on the Wii will boot the action replay disc.

as of now, no modchip can boot the action replay directly without a gcos disc or the hacked action replay that was released recently.

Woah, woah, woah.

Firstly, a brain and a hex-editor are all that is required to "hack" your Action replay disc. Members of Blackcats seem to think their site is the best and greatest...

Secondly, YAOSM definitely lets you boot the action replay. It's one of the features on the feature list.

I just tested a Wiikey'd Wii, and it doesn't let you boot the unmodified AR.

Killer Phantom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my firmware to 3.1u, and my Action Replay works fine. :wtf:

WiiKey firmware is 1.9g, but I don't know the version of my Action Replay, how can I tell?

I'm sure it works, I just tested earlier and it boots up without the help of GCOS either.

(My Wii is launch Wii, if that helps anything. XD)

HelloWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black-Cats Is not accepting any more registrations so it seems we'll never get this GCOS action replay
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real