ROM Hack How do you add intros at beginning when the ROM start?

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't. Ever. Intros piss people off and are the lamest way to beg for attention that you could ever attempt. Whatever you have to say can be put in a readme.txt

waffle1995

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
actually i wanna know how it done.
smile.gif

it might be fun

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First you have to learn some manner of coding and/or hacking. Once you know that you can probably answer your own question.

And don't listen to dib. If people want to use YOUR dump (or the dump you modified) they can put up with an intro. If they hate intros that much they can search around for a different dump, or better yet, go out and actually buy a retail copy of the game in question. The whiney, ungrateful cuntbags.

waffle1995

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
First you have to learn some manner of coding and/or hacking. Once you know that you can probably answer your own question.

And don't listen to dib. If people want to use YOUR dump (or the dump you modified) they can put up with an intro. If they hate intros that much they can search around for a different dump, or better yet, go out and actually buy a retail copy of the game in question. The whiney, ungrateful cuntbags.
lol i agree
nayps3.gif

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Those intros are CRACKTRO. Is a video introduction to the teams who take the games put their copies, so you know which are theirs, they used included from Amiga times even after the end of GBA left out.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
i like the intros sometimes they have great music, and you load up the game and your just going dr drr dr dr dr dr dr dr dr dr dr do well i like them

how hard is it to wait one second and then push a ?

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got some douchebags out there that seem to think intros are great idea. This is an interesting questions though because if there was an easy way to ad an intro then it could be removed.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Love Venom's latest one, wish every group added them. It would have the added bonus of pissing off entitled ignorant dicks.

Ideally, un-intro'd roms would be nuked as invalid.

ore0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember a long time ago there was a really good rom site, that for an april fools joke said they were releasing a "Jump Ultimate Stars Translation" rom, and when you ran it, it rick rolled you
rolleyes.gif

I already had mine translated, but I tried it out anyway.
Keep in mind that back then not everybody knew about the patch or how to apply it, so releasing an already translated rom sucked people in
nyanya.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BlueStar said:
Ha, I've been playing pirate games since the days of the Commodore64 and back then if it didn't have an intro it wasn't a release. It was merely a copied tape/disk.

Rywiec

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I have nothing against intros, provided that they're interesting with music and easy to skip.
Just look at the Venom's dump of Megaman or the Suxxors' release of Tetris Party Deluxe - Xenophobia should learn from them.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Intros could be useful on some hacked roms. For example there are couple nsmb projects running so it would be awesome to have some retro intro on those
rolleyes.gif

Those cracked game intros are awesome. Somebody should gather those to homebrew/video.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Love Venom's latest one, wish every group added them. It would have the added bonus of pissing off entitled ignorant dicks.

Enforcing honor among thieves? Sounds lolable.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depravo said:

Totally agreed. What's the big deal anyway, it's just for a second :wtf:

mipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Poryhack said:
BlueStar said:

Enforcing honor among thieves? Sounds lolable.

Have you ever heard about warez standards or scene rules? That is pretty much the rulebook every release group has to go with. So yeah, enforcing honor among thieves isn't that much.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mipe said:
Have you ever heard about warez standards or scene rules? That is pretty much the rulebook every release group has to go with. So yeah, enforcing honor among thieves isn't that much.
I have, and they're lolable. Useful yes, but still funny.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally I think it's lame to add an intro to a 'Dump' which hasn't been cracked. I can't see why they can't just include it in the archive as a seperate file.

Xenophobia just to include a delta patch with their intro'ed releases which would remove the intro, I can't see why Venom can't do that.

If the've cracked game, then to me it's a different matter and they should include a crack'tro as the ROM isn't clean anyway and it lets people know it's a cracked release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy