Misc how do i use WiFi for games like pokemon platinum?

descent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
im new at this, can you please explain me what i need to connect to a wifi network? [yes there is an aviable network at my house]

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well for starters, you can read the manual that came with the DS because it shows you how to connect. There's also the SEARCH button up top.

1) Your wireless router needs to be set up with WEP encryption for games (no encryption can work too but not safe)

2) You need to obtain your SSID and WEP key from your router so you can set it up on your DS.

3) Go into your internet settings on your DS and choose either Connection 1, 2 or 3 then Manual Setup

4) Enter your SSID, WEP key, Auto-Obtain IP address set to YES (your router has to have DHCP enabled), Auto-obtain DNS set to YES.

You can also do a Search for an Access Point instead of Manual Setup if your router is set up for SSID broadcast. However, with broadcast enabled and WEP encryption your network is easily hackable and unsafe.

descent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
and how do i do that?
my wireless connection doesnt require a password [ya i know its stupid but i just cant seem to figure out how to place a password =\]
if u could explain in more details or redirect me to a guide [youtube video preffered] that'll be great too.

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
descent said:
and how do i do that?
my wireless connection doesnt require a password [ya i know its stupid but i just cant seem to figure out how to place a password =\]
if u could explain in more details or redirect me to a guide [youtube video preffered] that'll be great too.

Uhh...cant you search for a youtube video yourself?
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: hi @Xdqwerty +1