PCSX2 HD texture pack group

How do I upscale textures without using Photoshop. (Updated)

CCKrizalid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Greetings to all.
I apologize in advance for my English. After all, it's not really mine, but the translator's.

Now I will explain to you how I upscale textures without using Photoshop, so as not to complicate my life.
So. Six steps.

I took up the upscale textures of the Chaos Legion game.

1) I passed it on normal for Sieg using cheats to pass it faster.

2) Now I go to the texture dumps folder and see over 200,000 textures. Most of which are, of course, a piece of garbage. Therefore, we will have to sort them. There is a simple way, it's just quite time-consuming. In the folder we make a table view. Next, select files with long names. These will be our textures.

3)Next, after sorting them all, we will need software. there are only three programs. I use Format Factory, Cupscale and DDS Converter.

4) I format my sorted textures in TGA format using Format Factory so that Cupscale neural networks do not spoil the image with a darkened background of the corrupted alpha channel of my textures if they are upscaled in PNG format.

5) Next, I use Cupscale and choose TGA as the final format.

6) At the end of the upscale process, I run the resulting textures through DDS Converter DXT5 and checkbox on Clamp and Alpha. The weight of the TGA format is reduced by 4 times when switching to DDS. At the same time, without spoiling the quality of the textures themselves.

Well, actually everything is ready.
Thank you all for your attention.

Update: I want to clarify something. With my little tutorial, I don't want to offend anyone. I respect the work of texture modders. I'm just upscaling them, but modders do a lot more work than I. Considering that they work manually. Therefore, I ask you to understand me correctly. This tutorial is designed for new people who don't know how to simply upscale textures without modding. Therefore, I ask texture modders to treat this thread calmly and with understanding.

Last edited by CCKrizalid,
Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

CasiyRose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being new to texture dumping and upscaling, I use the website Zyro. The AI appears to do a 2x upscale, although the resulting textures it puts out lend themselves more to cartoon-like games and not anything realistic. Nice place to start for people without any skill or who don't really know how to upscale the textures.

CCKrizalid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Being new to texture dumping and upscaling, I use the website Zyro. The AI appears to do a 2x upscale, although the resulting textures it puts out lend themselves more to cartoon-like games and not anything realistic. Nice place to start for people without any skill or who don't really know how to upscale the textures.
It may be strange, but I studied by myself. I was looking for the right software, and I learned to use it using the poke method. And the necessary process, so as not to spoil the textures, was also found by experimentation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: