1. rrdein

OP rrdein Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I bought a hacked Switch and I'm trying to figure out how to update it to the latest firmware. The console is banned and the person did SysNAND instead of EmuNAND. In System Settings > Settings it says I am on 9.1.0. These apps are installed in hbmenu:

Goldleaf
    mercury
    ChoiDujourNX
    EdiZon
    Fake News Injector
    HP App Store
    Incognito (Mod)
    Kosmos Toolbox
    Kosmos Updater
    ldnmitm cfg
    Lockpick
    nxdumptool
    Tinfoil

Any help is appreciated.

2. Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    Most people use ChoiDujourNX. To update your console, you need the newest firmware update files (I can't link to them per forum rules, but Google is your friend): You need to place them somewhere on your SD card, and navigate to this folder in ChoiDujourNX, and then follow the instructions on screen.

Make sure you have the newest version of your CFW of choice, sig patches if your use Atmosphere, and maybe your homebrew apps too. Don't forget to make a NAND dump after you've updated your switch

EDIT: Ninja'd

Last edited by Snomannen_kalle, Jul 6, 2020
  3. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    If the console is banned, you don't need emunand anyway. Firstly make sure to make a backup with hekate. Place it somewhere safe outside your switch. The homebrew for updating/downgrading is ChoiDujourNX. Find somewhere your desired FW files and just update with choi.
    https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualupgrade.html#step-3-installing-the-new-firmware-version

4. Xilith

Xilith GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    You will need emunand anyway to avoid bricks in the future, sysnand only is always risky, if your brick emunand sysnand won't be affected so even in banned consoles is useful.

5. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    Just back up, that's all, then you can always unbrick your sysnand (obv if its not a hardware brick). If you are banned, using emunand is just a waste of sd space + unnecessary extra effort.

6. rrdein

OP rrdein Member
    Newcomer

United States
  7. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    you need to update atmosphere

8. rrdein

OP rrdein Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I just updated Atmosphere as described at https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/#updating-atmosphere, but I am still getting the same error. Is there something else I need to do?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

When I boot there is a Kosmos splash screen, which after some research I realize means I'm not using straight Atmosphere. I'm guessing that is why this all did not work for me?

As I understand it Kosmos is no longer maintained. What can I do to get myself on the latest FW?

Last edited by rrdein, Jul 20, 2020
  9. Snomannen_kalle

Norway
    If you prefer to boot from Hekate, you need to chainload fusee-primary.bin. You need to put it in /bootloader/payloads for it to show up in the Payloads menu in Hekate

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That's actually false. He doesn't need to chainload fusee if he prefers to boot from Hekate. Fss0 still works on the latest firmware.
    If you actually prefer to boot from Hekate, you can download the latest setup from here.

Snomannen_kalle likes this.
  11. Snomannen_kalle

Norway
    Didn't realize that, thanks for pointing that out!

Draxzelex likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (SysNAND), update, hacked