How do i upadte to 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by andysmok, Aug 5, 2011.

Aug 5, 2011

How do i upadte to 4.3.3 by andysmok at 2:10 PM (685 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. andysmok
    OP

Newcomer andysmok Member

United Kingdom
    I've been going round in circles for the last hour trying to update my iphone 4 to 4.3.3, i've downloaded redsn0w and also iphone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
    Trouble is i dont know what to do with them. [​IMG]

Do I need to have itunes 10.2.2???

I've tried using the shift + click on the update button in my current itunes and telling itunes to update using the 4.3.3 ipsw which i've downloaded but it gets so far then aborts...

2. andysmok
    OP

Newcomer andysmok Member

United Kingdom
    Bugger............I've ballsed it up!! looks like i'm going to have to try and restore and update to 4.3.5 in itunes and wait for the next unteathered JB to be relised!!!!!

3. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Unless your iPod has had its SHSH blobs stored for 4.3.3 (by being jailbroken on a lower firmware and using Cydia, TinyUmbrella or whatever) then upgrading to 4.3.3 is impossible as Apple no longer sign that firmware.

4. andysmok
    OP

Newcomer andysmok Member

United Kingdom
    Phew, I was halfway downloading 4.3.5 through itunes when i thought id have 1 quick look at the procedure for tiny umbrella. the error message i got when i tried to restore was (1013) which according to tiny umbrella was correct. Panic over!! all I needed to do was to download FIXRECOVERY43 and put my iphone into DUF mode and it sorted it.
    Now for the jailbreak!!!!