Apple How do i upadte to 4.3.3

andysmok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been going round in circles for the last hour trying to update my iphone 4 to 4.3.3, i've downloaded redsn0w and also iphone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
Trouble is i dont know what to do with them.
hateps3.gif

Do I need to have itunes 10.2.2???

I've tried using the shift + click on the update button in my current itunes and telling itunes to update using the 4.3.3 ipsw which i've downloaded but it gets so far then aborts...

andysmok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bugger............I've ballsed it up!! looks like i'm going to have to try and restore and update to 4.3.5 in itunes and wait for the next unteathered JB to be relised!!!!!

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless your iPod has had its SHSH blobs stored for 4.3.3 (by being jailbroken on a lower firmware and using Cydia, TinyUmbrella or whatever) then upgrading to 4.3.3 is impossible as Apple no longer sign that firmware.

andysmok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Phew, I was halfway downloading 4.3.5 through itunes when i thought id have 1 quick look at the procedure for tiny umbrella. the error message i got when i tried to restore was (1013) which according to tiny umbrella was correct. Panic over!! all I needed to do was to download FIXRECOVERY43 and put my iphone into DUF mode and it sorted it.
Now for the jailbreak!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email