Factory reset - Iphone 6S without Find my Iphone activated ?

benone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello!
I'm a bit lost reading in different places for advice.

An Iphone 6s was in the lost and found since more than a year at a relative's workplace. Nobody claimed it back.
They would like to wipe everything and use it for work. They asked me if I could try to do this for them, so why not?

1.jpg

2.jpg

I tried with old versions of iTunes but since it's on a Windows 7 computer, I can't update to a certain point. So I cannot 'Restore' the device. I could try on another computer later, but not today.

Since this phone doesn't have the 'Find my Iphone' function activated, do I have a chance to wipe everything and start new without getting in the previous owner's privacy?

I'm unsure about those tools like "3utools" and "Coolmuster", "SafeWiper", etc...

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
I'm a bit lost reading in different places for advice.

An Iphone 6s was in the lost and found since more than a year at a relative's workplace. Nobody claimed it back.
They would like to wipe everything and use it for work. They asked me if I could try to do this for them, so why not?

.View attachment 393499
View attachment 393500

I tried with old versions of iTunes but since it's on a Windows 7 computer, I can't update to a certain point. So I cannot 'Restore' the device. I could try on another computer later, but not today.

Since this phone doesn't have the 'Find my Iphone' function activated, do I have a chance to wipe everything and start new without getting in the previous owner's privacy?

I'm unsure about those tools like "3utools" and "Coolmuster", "SafeWiper", etc...
I'm not 100% sure the issue here, but as long as the device doesnt have an icloud lock you can reset it to factory via itunes.

benone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply, @Ryab !
Yes, I'll try later with iTunes with another computer that I don't have right now. I was wondering if it could be worse if I find myself locked after using 'Restore' on iTunes.

To be continued!

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, @Ryab !
Yes, I'll try later with iTunes with another computer that I don't have right now. I was wondering if it could be worse if I find myself locked after using 'Restore' on iTunes.

To be continued!
Yeah just a heads up that if the device is icloud locked then the thing is a literal brick. But seeing find my Iphone is off is good news.

benone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good news!
Using iTunes on a Windows 10 computer totally did the job.

So, an hypothesis is that if the phone doesn't have the 'Find my iPhone' setting activated, it might allow to 'Restore' completely the iPhone.

I really don't like these devices but at least it will work for somebody!

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news!
Using iTunes on a Windows 10 computer totally did the job.

So, an hypothesis is that if the phone doesn't have the 'Find my iPhone' setting activated, it might allow to 'Restore' completely the iPhone.

I really don't like these devices but at least it will work for somebody!
Yeah basically if someone lost their device they could lock the entire device via their Icloud account. Icloud locks are completely secure to it seems. Locked boards tend to sell for literal dollars.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol