Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes. WEP, WPA, and WPA2 are wireless password/security types. WEP is the oldest and has been broken (people can crack into your network easily if you're using it), but DS games don't support WPA/2 (the newer/better ones).

There's a couple ways around that (like the USB DS/Wii wifi adapter dongle thing nintneo used to sell), depends on your situation.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What about Emulators? Where do I get them? Which ones work on the Acekard 2i?
Like DinohScene said, everything not made specifically for the DSTWO or NDSGBA. The best SNES emulator is SNemulDS, it runs a lot of games full speed (surprising considering SNES emulators on more powerful hardware can be slower, I'm looking at you PSP)
The best Sega Genesis emulator is probably still JEnesisDS, it was last time I checked. Lameboy is the best for GB/GBC, and I think (but not sure) nesDS is the best for NES emulation. I don't play NES games myself but I seem to recall reading that it was the best, might not be true anymore.

Reactions: 1 person

Chadius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about Emulators? Where do I get them? Which ones work on the Acekard 2i?
Like DinohScene said, everything not made specifically for the DSTWO or NDSGBA. The best SNES emulator is SNemulDS, it runs a lot of games full speed (surprising considering SNES emulators on more powerful hardware can be slower, I'm looking at you PSP)
The best Sega Genesis emulator is probably still JEnesisDS, it was last time I checked. Lameboy is the best for GB/GBC, and I think (but not sure) nesDS is the best for NES emulation. I don't play NES games myself but I seem to recall reading that it was the best, might not be true anymore.
And all those work on Acekard 2i?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes those work.

jEnesisDS is indeed the best Genesis emu for DS out there.
I have it running on my Supercard SD and frequently play Sonic 3 with it.

Ketsueki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes. WEP, WPA, and WPA2 are wireless password/security types. WEP is the oldest and has been broken (people can crack into your network easily if you're using it), but DS games don't support WPA/2 (the newer/better ones).

There's a couple ways around that (like the USB DS/Wii wifi adapter dongle thing nintneo used to sell), depends on your situation.

I'm thinking of buying a 3ds and an Acekard 2i and I'm just wondering when you say ds games dont support WPA2 do you mean while on the acecard, playing from the actual game cart or both? It's just I use WPA2 and could never play my ds games online and i thought getting a 3ds would fix this.

harry_merkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm thinking of buying a 3ds and an Acekard 2i and I'm just wondering when you say ds games dont support WPA2 do you mean while on the acecard, playing from the actual game cart or both? It's just I use WPA2 and could never play my ds games online and i thought getting a 3ds would fix this.

I may be wrong, but...

DS games only work with WEP. The 3DS will work on WEP/WPA/WPA2, etc. But while running a DS game on a flashcart on your 3DS, you need to use WPA.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
DS games have no ability to support anything but WEP as far as security goes. It doesn't matter if you play them on the DS Phat, the DSlite, the DSi, or the 3DS.

Ketsueki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I may be wrong, but...

DS games only work with WEP. The 3DS will work on WEP/WPA/WPA2, etc. But while running a DS game on a flashcart on your 3DS, you need to use WPA.
DS games have no ability to support anything but WEP as far as security goes. It doesn't matter if you play them on the DS Phat, the DSlite, the DSi, or the 3DS.

Ahh I see ;.; thanks guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Your eyes need to rest.