Hardware how do I save in Super Mario Advance 4

johnny-sasaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so,I need a help here,I have EZ-FLASH IV on a GBA SP and so far,all the games I have played save normally,but Super Mario Advance 4 doesn't save no matter what I do.
I've tried everything,I downloaded different versions,tried patches,and yet,everytime I reset the game,all the files are empty and nothing is saved anymore.What should I do?and why only SMA4 has this problem?

venusinfurs

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to rename your ezclient patched rom and sav file to something like Super Mario Bros. 3 (U).gba and Super Mario Bros. 3 (U).sav.

This is because the EZ4 can only read filenames which are up to 45 characters in length, so you will also have problems with games with filenames longer than 45 characters, which also need to be shortened.

You also need to use gbata to patch Chu Chu Rocket and Advance Wars, and to clock fix some of the Pokemon games (but not Pokemon Emerald). You also need to find save patches and copy protection cracks for a couple of games such as Phantasy Star Collection, and the Legacy of Goku games.

johnny-sasaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wow,it actually worked!!thanks lot,pal.
and if I download the save files with the E-Reader levels unlocked,will I have to rename them too and will they save the normal levels normally too?

venusinfurs

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, the .sav file needs to be the same filename as the .gba file for the EZ4 to recognise it.

If you are using the gameshark save files from gamefaqs.com to unlock the e-reader files in Super Mario Bros 3, then I think you need to load the game up in VisualBoy Advance, import the save file as a gameshark snapshot, export the save as a battery file (for compatibility with the EZ4), and rename it.

The Super Mario Bros. 3 save file is 128KB and has room for the normal game, plus room for most of the e-reader levels, so you can still save your progress for the normal game, in a save file which has the e-reader levels unlocked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: