Homebrew How Do I Safely Update Homebrewed 3DS?

GoldenPickAxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I use rverse on my New Nintendo 3DS XL, and now, it says I need to do a system update to use it. Since I have homebrew on my 3DS, I was wondering if it would be safe if I updated it with my homebrew installed on the 3DS.

I am worried that if I do update it, my 3DS will get bricked.

Is it safe to update my 3DS to the latest firmware with the homebrew installed, or do I need to do something else?

I tried to back up with GodMode9, but I don't have enough space. The last time I deleted space I accidentally deleted important homebrew so I'd rather not go poking around in the SD card looking to delete stuff again, but I can if I absolutely must.

Sorry for the jumble of words, if you need me to explain something in more detail I can.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I use rverse on my New Nintendo 3DS XL, and now, it says I need to do a system update to use it. Since I have homebrew on my 3DS, I was wondering if it would be safe if I updated it with my homebrew installed on the 3DS.

I am worried that if I do update it, my 3DS will get bricked.

Is it safe to update my 3DS to the latest firmware with the homebrew installed, or do I need to do something else?

I tried to back up with GodMode9, but I don't have enough space. The last time I deleted space I accidentally deleted important homebrew so I'd rather not go poking around in the SD card looking to delete stuff again, but I can if I absolutely must.

Sorry for the jumble of words, if you need me to explain something in more detail I can.
If your on Luma3DS v10.2.1 it's safe to update

Reactions: GoldenPickAxe

RickFryMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually, as long as you're custom firmware is up to date, you're good to do the Nintendo update. But I always check with the experts on here to make sure it's safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up