Homebrew How do i run ISOs on my wii?

KenKnee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finished everything (the beginning of the softmod guide to the Stub IOSs) Now I don't know how to play the games I have. I have an ISOs img file that I burned to a disc. How do I run it? When I placed it in the wii it says it is unable to read the disc. Is there an app I can use to run this file?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just burn them to a disk and run them in NeoGamma.

Or, you can get a hard drive, WBFS Manager, and run games through that with things like USB Loader GX or CFG Loader.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Either you use a disc loader like NeoGamma as Slyakin suggested, or install DarkCorp to run burned discs from the disc channel. I'll probably get hated on for suggesting DarkCorp but it does actually work well in the majority of cases.

KenKnee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using NeoGamma a few minutes ago but why is it that when i try running the burnt DVD it says "DVD ERR(1208)" then it continues on to say "Most likely no DVD-Rs possible". What can I do to fix this? Is it the dvd I burned it on? or the file that I burned into the DVD?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KenKnee said:
I tried using NeoGamma a few minutes ago but why is it that when i try running the burnt DVD it says "DVD ERR(1208)" then it continues on to say "Most likely no DVD-Rs possible". What can I do to fix this? Is it the dvd I burned it on? or the file that I burned into the DVD?
It means what it suggests. Your Wii is too new to play burned games. You will need to run them off a USB drive.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES. USB. btw what guide did you use? Every guide I've read on here (I did mine WHY BACK WHEN, but I've done at least 10 others with gbatempers guides) tells you exactly what to do even gives you the HBC apps to run neogamma, etc.

WBFS Manager (make sure you download the right one for 64 or 32 bit if you run Vista. Also, understand you may need to do more than just what's on that first guide to get games to run, especially newer ones.

Finally good luck and use the search function from now on, this has been answered in the past.

Wynd

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
wyndcrosser said:
YES. USB. btw what guide did you use? Every guide I've read on here (I did mine WHY BACK WHEN, but I've done at least 10 others with gbatempers guides) tells you exactly what to do even gives you the HBC apps to run neogamma, etc.

WBFS Manager (make sure you download the right one for 64 or 32 bit if you run Vista. Also, understand you may need to do more than just what's on that first guide to get games to run, especially newer ones.

Finally good luck and use the search function from now on, this has been answered in the past.

Wynd

Please dont mention vista again im still seeing a councillor about it lol but im in my happy place ever since I switched from windows
biggrin.gif

But like wyndcrosser said use a usb loader, the popular are usb loader gx, wii flow and cfg loader

All work about the same, what matters is what cios you have installed

joelozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Richardarkless said:
wyndcrosser said:

Wynd

Please dont mention vista again im still seeing a councillor about it lol but im in my happy place ever since I switched from windows
biggrin.gif

But like wyndcrosser said use a usb loader, the popular are usb loader gx, wii flow and cfg loader

What's wrong with Vista? Everyone hates on Vista, because back in 2005 people bought crappy $300 laptops that were too weak to run it. Vista SP2 is pretty much the same thing as Windows 7. It's about as much a jump as from Leopard to Snow Leopard (translation: not much). Mac OSX is decent, but Mac laptops are extremely overpriced. But if it's your preference, I say go for it.

My ranting about computer OSes aside, get CFG Loader, plus a 500 GB hard drive for about $70 or something. You can store like a billion games on there.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People do hate on Vista far too much. I wish it wasn't so dumbed-down, I'm tired of wading through Control Panel menus because Windows replaced what I need with "easy-to-use" things. Other than that though, it's a pretty decent OS, and you have to look really hard to really find a good reason why XP is superior.

Anyways, I've been using USB Loader GX and love it so far, the GUI is pretty nice and it's run everything I've thrown at it so far without any issues. CFG has more options and Wiiflow looks the nicest, so USB Loader GX is a nice middle ground.

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
joelozy said:
Richardarkless said:
wyndcrosser said:

Wynd

biggrin.gif

What's wrong with Vista? Everyone hates on Vista, because back in 2005 people bought crappy $300 laptops that were too weak to run it. Vista SP2 is pretty much the same thing as Windows 7. It's about as much a jump as from Leopard to Snow Leopard (translation: not much). Mac OSX is decent, but Mac laptops are extremely overpriced. But if it's your preference, I say go for it.

My ranting about computer OSes aside, get CFG Loader, plus a 500 GB hard drive for about $70 or something. You can store like a billion games on there.

lol well after sp2 vista still wasnt stable enough for me, I even re-installed from an up-to-date version of the vista install disk that came with sp2 and it still ended up bsod after a couple of hours use, I did install 7 and that was perfectly fine but windows has got to that stage for me where I have to jump through hoops of hoops just to do a simple task

I didnt go with a mac either, im not that rich (im a linux user, currently running ubuntu)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto