Hacking How do I make my Wii back to Virgin state?

vosszaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have soft modded 4.2E Wii(New Wii, bought last week, LAH1193xxxxxx) and i want to get rid of all the softmod and put my Wii back to virgin state. Is that possible?

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were smart, You'd have installed BootMii in boot2 and do a nand backup before you did ANY modifying. Then another NAND backup AFTER modding. THat way if you ever needed to 're-virginize' your wii, just restore the NAND to your Pre-mod nand, then uninstall boot mii.

Why do you guys call it 're-virginizing' ? i don't think hacking has anything to do with losing virginity or sexual intercourse.
EDIT: I could be wrong

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wadzinsky said:
If you were smart, You'd have installed BootMii in boot2 and do a nand backup before you did ANY modifying. Then another NAND backup AFTER modding. THat way if you ever needed to 're-virginize' your wii, just restore the NAND to your Pre-mod nand, then uninstall boot mii.

Why do you guys call it 're-virginizing' ? i don't think hacking has anything to do with losing virginity or sexual intercourse.

He said he bought it last week, it definitely wouldn't have been able to install bootmii to boot2.

And an SD card is inserted and an explosion of awesome happens inside. It's a pretty close correlation.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
because the entire world is based on sex to sell anything. Its an attempt to get everyone in the world aids to control the population. every advertisement claims you will fuck lots of girls and guys if u use their product. hence why all middle school girls look like sluts now and worship brittany spears and paris hilton. they didnt have tits like that when i was in school WTF

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo, Nabster92, I stand corrected. I failed to see the direct correlation. Now because of your answers, I am going to try to stick something else in my SD card slot. However, I think my MicroSD will need an adapter so that my Wii will feel the same stimulation as I do when I unload my Banner Bomb into it.
biggrin.gif

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
wadzinsky said:

Because true nerds will never get laid besides by their "wii"

LOL!!! Where's my categorization then? I think I fall under that catagory except I have 2 kids. And I seem to recall the 2 events in my life that led up to that
smile.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
is it true I can just NAND restore my Wii to make it virgin?

I did a back up before applying any cIOS custom installs

If you made a NAND backup right after installing the HBC and not doing anything else then yes you can restore the NAND to revert it back to that point, but you will also lose ANYTHING else you have done on the system since then as well (namely save progress and such). Also, if you only have bootmii installed as an IOS, don't do it. It's not worth the risk doing a NAND restore with bootmii as an IOS and not boot2 when you have other options.

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
is it true I can just NAND restore my Wii to make it virgin?

I did a back up before applying any cIOS custom installs

Think of a NAND restore as your own personal time machine... Whatever date you made your backup(s) you can always restore to that point in time which will undo anything you've done to it since that date. So like Nabster said, if you made a backup right after installing HBC and BootMii, yes, it should be very simple to restore your wii to an un-modified state with no signs of hacking. And also like he said, any saved game progress, or mii's you've created, or VC games purchased or what not, will all be un-done (no trace)

If you do like I do, I make backups frequently. Any good changes I make to the wii that I don't want to re-do, I just backup the NAND. Also If I screw something up along the way, I have many NAND restore points to fall back on so I don't have as much work to do if I mess something up. If I had to restore to my non-modded state every time, that would suck.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small