How Do I Fix Stubbed IOS's?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mattster99, Mar 7, 2010.

1. mattster99
    OP

mattster99 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2010
    United States
    How do I fix them and what are they?
    SysChecker 1.6 says I have 4 on my system.

2. ragde

ragde Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2007
    United States
    Which ones? Does it say?

3. ConJ

ConJ The Toker

Jul 18, 2008
    Glastonbury
    Use Dop-Mii

4. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Stubbed IOS'es are the programming equivalent of an empty box. It has all the characteristics of a normal IOS (name, version), but it simply contains no code that actually DOES anything.

Obviously, you're not going to run games from stubbed IOS'es (it's kinda like trying to drive a car without engine). But as syscheck shows, you'll have plenty of IOS'es. Games need a certain IOS to run (which one depends on the game...I only know by heart that the guitar games use IOS37), but backup loaders can usually force them to use a different IOS instead (even a custom IOS).

Programs like DOP-mii are a good tool to tell which IOS you have, and probably to install previous versions as well.

However...having a stub isn't so bad as it might sound. syscheck told me I've got 8 of them stubs (IOS 4, 10, 11, 20, 30, 50, 51, 254). Yet I haven't had any problem with any game thus far (I simply don't have a game that uses it).

5. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    for normal situations, having stub ioses has no downside. the only time youll notice is when you go to install a cIOS or if you downgrade you system menu or shop channel. IOses that games use will never be stubbed. if they were, then that would mean nintendo has caused a game to stop working and would have to reimburse people that bought that game or else they'd piss off a lot of people.