How do I find good apks?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Nerdtendo, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Nerdtendo
    OP

Nerdtendo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Im 83.5% sure that I'm not supposed to ask for sites that host game apks so I won't do that, but I'm having trouble finding one's I want. I've been looking for solid Final Fantasy VII and Oceanhorn apks for a while but every website either brings up "Lucky Winner" scam rewards or my phone detects the files as threats. Does anyone have any tips?

2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    have you tried using an ad blocker when searching?

3. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    So you're looking for a black market apk app?

4. Nerdtendo
    OP

Nerdtendo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    I haven't tried that yet. I'll do so. Any suggestions for a good ad blocker?

That would be an option. I've already tried Aptoide though.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I don't know if any of them are still up, but there were some warez app stores in the past which were really convenient to use, and the apps there seemed legit. The ones I used both seem to be gone now though.
    Mob****m is a site I've used a bit in the past, everything there seems to work fine, can't guarantee that they're free of malware though, I don't trust pirated apks at all. They also have an app to make it easier to search their database, but the files are hosted on external sites so downloading isn't quite as convenient as those app stores.

linuxares likes this.
  6. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Ignore the false positives your AV app is telling u about apks yes ther modified apks so they work because they been cracked dude

7. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Play Store ;D

F'real though.. It's harder nowadays to find good ones with these malicious sites popping up left and right.

8. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    I use AD BLOCK PRO along side my VPN Windscribe. AD BLOCK PRO works wonders with blocking those annoying ads.

9. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Most are but you're better off getting the apk files via PC and then transferring them to the Android because some of 'em auto-open other windows and take a few clicks to get the download going.

QooApp is pretty decent for games from the Asian Play Stores.

10. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Use Adaway. It uses your hosts file to block ads so there's no messing around with a battery draining proxy.