Hardware How do I find approximate 3DS XL Firmware range before opening/buying

Yamada1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I'm trying to find a 3DS XL on the market with a firmware Gateway will support, just recently bought one off Bestbuy at a pretty good deal ($130 :D ). I looked through http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Hacking_FAQ to see if I could get an answer there but it was only helpful for figuring out which one might have a firmware <4.5. I know Gateway will be releasing a patch supporting firmwares 7-9.X so I'm trying to find one in that range but preferably 9 and up since it seems like Gateway team is working on getting it to work with that first.

So the serial number my unit came with is SW1525XXXXX, I'm trying to figure out what firmware it might have before opening it so maybe I can bring it back for an exchange if it's not the firmware supported by Gateway

THANKS!

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always use a game cart to update to 9.X if it turns out you're in some unsupported area between 4.5 and 9.X

There's some page that tells what games have what updates, but I don't know it off hand. I'm sure someone else can tell you if you need it.

Yamada1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always use a game cart to update to 9.X if it turns out you're in some unsupported area between 4.5 and 9.X

There's some page that tells what games have what updates, but I don't know it off hand. I'm sure someone else can tell you if you need it.

Thanks for the response! Anyone have the list of games that have firmware updates?

Yamada1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if the firmware is guaranteed to be lower than 9.3 or is there a chance that it may ship with 9.3 or higher?

Food

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sw12 xl's are still selling at frys sealed ! Just bought one a few days ago 179.99$

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/L7XokiY