OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yea...

So i want to edit some apps that codedump in channel version because they try to return to the loader(HBC)How do i fix thiz?
How do i edit the dol to change the exit?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
quincy_xD said:
Yea...

So i want to edit some apps that codedump in channel version because they try to return to the loader(HBC)How do i fix thiz?

You can't edit the .dol. (ok, that's wrong, but i don't want to explain)
Look at code from SoftChip, there you should find a function which does exactly what you want.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to edit MPLAYER dvdlib edition but the source are diffs or something:S
this are the instructions included:
HOW TO BUILD
------------

3 subversion repositories are required to build this port, the revisions used
for this binary are:

libdvdread r1120
libdvdnav r1120
mplayer r27458

- get the repositories via:
- svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdread libdvdread-trunk
- svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdnav libdvdnav-trunk
- svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer-trunk
- apply the patches
- edit libdvdread's and libdvdnav's config.mak and adjust SRC_PATH and
SRC_PATH_BARE
- build libdvdread with `make`, then `make install`
- build libdvdnav with `make`, then `make install`
- build mplayer with `make`, test your build using `make upload`

Posts merged

WiiPower said:
quincy_xD said:
Yea...

You can't edit the .dol. (ok, that's wrong, but i don't want to explain)
Look at code from SoftChip, there you should find a function which does exactly what you want.
And how do i add that into my dol?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i was actually thinking about starting with softchip source ive downloaded devkit but to be honest i probably have a better chance listening to a blank mp3 than figuring it out. they really should do a devkit for dummies
smile.gif

quincy_xD said:
And how do i add that into my dol?

you dont once you alter some points in the code you create a new dol or atleast thats what i think.

you know like theres a text doc and where it has exit you change a value from 0 to 1 or whatever or maybe im missing out on a lot and have it all wrong

friknfrak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, these DOL/ELF's that are released are almost 99% open source (just gotta find the link to the source). And no, it's not a simple open notepad and edit a 1 to 0. There is a lengthy process to set up a development enviroment on your PC so you can view/modify/compile the source. Additionally, alot of new releases are built using additional "libs" that are not included in the common dev enviroment package so therefore you have to re-build your enviroment when you do find the libs and want to include them.

Creating/Modifying DOL/ELF's is not for the faint of heart. If you have no interest inlearing C/C++ basics, and don't have 24+ hours just to get your first build tested... Please allow those who do to do their fancy work.

If you ARE interested in learning and becoming an active conrtibutor, head to wiibrew.org and dedicate some time to reading then make your first app
smile.gif

Wiibrew DEV Link: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Development

It's not easy at first, but everything you need to begin is readily available.
Have fun
smile.gif

NOTE: Yes I am still learning as well - please don't ask me "How do I make X do Y?"

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
friknfrak said:
Guys, these DOL/ELF's that are released are almost 99% open source (just gotta find the link to the source). And no, it's not a simple open notepad and edit a 1 to 0. There is a lengthy process to set up a development enviroment on your PC so you can view/modify/compile the source. Additionally, alot of new releases are built using additional "libs" that are not included in the common dev enviroment package so therefore you have to re-build your enviroment when you do find the libs and want to include them.

Creating/Modifying DOL/ELF's is not for the faint of heart. If you have no interest inlearing C/C++ basics, and don't have 24+ hours just to get your first build tested... Please allow those who do to do their fancy work.

If you ARE interested in learning and becoming an active conrtibutor, head to wiibrew.org and dedicate some time to reading then make your first app
smile.gif

Wiibrew DEV Link: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Development

It's not easy at first, but everything you need to begin is readily available.
Have fun
smile.gif

NOTE: Yes I am still learning as well - please don't ask me "How do I make X do Y?"

ypu didnt say How do i do Z:P

but i just want to do a simple edit...not more not less

friknfrak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find source, learn Dev, edit, Compile.

Saying it simply is as simple as it gets, sorry.

The tech?
The source will have a primary C or C++ (.c / .cpp) file that acts as the "excutable" (like windows .exe). Thats where the "exit code" will be.

So again. Find source, learn Dev, edit, Compile.

Link: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Development

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
yeah above post is correct, you need to get the full source, to make sure it compiles normally, and then in main function edit it, instead of return to loader(0) something like that, use (sys_restart) i can't remember now, all in developers tips on wiibrew, check there, also you can use auto chain detection, but iv'e forgot the code for that, i have it somewhere, like i said i tried with mplayerDVD and it pissed me off, so i left it...

all your wanting to do quincy, is edit the source in main so it restarts instead of returning to loader causing crash dump

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does anyone have the full source of MPlayer DVDLib (no diffs please)? When someone uploads it, I can look into changing the exit function.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Does anyone have the full source of MPlayer DVDLib (no diffs please)? When someone uploads it, I can look into changing the exit function.
Maybe someone can BUM team twiizers for it??
They've put a readme there telling what you need to get hold of...it just wouldn't compile for me so i banged it on the head.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
search for exit(0) and replace it with SYS_LoadMenu() and if you exit it will load the menu
Yeah that's the boyyo, couldn't be assed to check, as i don't keep that info in me head only the return (0) one stays in as its too dam easy haha
Have fun finding the rest of the source, and for it to compile.....let us know if you manage it*

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you can also add a check to see if the app is started from hbc return to hbc if its not then load menu but i forgot the code its somthing when an entry point is loaded i tought but i think its in softchip so look at that source

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb