Hacking How do I dump a DS ROM?

flargle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've downloaded 5th's SC guide, but can find nothing in it about dumping ROMs, and I'm pretty lost. Can someone help me out with coherent English instructions that even an idiot could follow?

I have:

- Undumped DS cart
- Supercard SD and 256MB SD card
- Superkey 3 cart
- copy of WRG Dumper 1.4 installed on the SD card
- DS Lite (unflashed)

How the heck do I put all these things together to come up with a dumped DS ROM? The SC came with no manual, and the instructions that come with WRG Dumper are worse than useless - incomprehensible, contradictory gibberish that might as well have been written in Ancient Greek by a drunk baboon for all the sense they make in English. Here's what I've tried so far:

1. DS cart in Slot 1, SC in slot 2. Boot to slot 2, run "wrg-dumper.nds.gba".
Result: white upper screen, black lower screen, no sign of life.

2. Superkey in Slot 1, SC in slot 2. Boot to slot 2, run "wrg-dumper.nds.gba".
Result: GBA boot sequence, followed by two dead white screens.

3. Superkey in Slot 1, SC in slot 2. Boot to slot 2, then swap Superkey for DS cart in slot 1 before running "wrg-dumper.nds.gba".
Result: same as (2).

4. DS cart in Slot 1, SC in slot 2. Boot to slot 2, run "WRGDUMPER1.4(in card)".
Result: same as (1).

5. Superkey in Slot 1, SC in slot 2. Boot to slot 2, then swap Superkey for DS cart in slot 1 before running "WRGDUMPER1.4(in card)".
Result: freezes DS, still showing the SuperCard menu screen.

What am I doing wrong?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure I heard that you can't dump roms with supercard, but that could have changed since then and I could have dreamed it.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
First off, rename that *.nds.gba file to just *.nds.

Secondly, I'm not sure, but I don't think there's any program that supports dumping to SCSD yet.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
and the instructions that come with WRG Dumper are worse than useless - incomprehensible, contradictory gibberish that might as well have been written in Ancient Greek by a drunk baboon for all the sense they make in English
I can help you with the Ancient Greek translation maybe (Got an 'O' Level in it, many moons ago)
laugh.gif

o de Dikaiopolis autorgos estin

mortys

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
One question
I've tried to dump with nitro and a SCCF. It works
but when i try the rom (after patching it with the SC software) I've only got 2 white screens. What I forgot ?
Thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1