Hacking How do I COMPLETELY reset my DS and remove CFW and everything, but also downgrade to 9.0

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because I wanted a different CFW but I didn't want to say in case everybody gave me loads of hate
B9S was going to be your entrypoint regardless, so there was no reason to remove B9S nor downgrade your system. A different CFW merely requires swapping files on your SD card.

xXxSwagnemitexXx

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
B9S was going to be your entrypoint regardless, so there was no reason to remove B9S nor downgrade your system. A different CFW merely requires swapping files on your SD card.
Oh....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

DId you perform just the 9.2 CTRNAND transfer guide, or did you also uninstall B9S? I can't help you if I don't know what you did, and you're sending mixed messages.
I had a normal DS but I put the CTR Transfer file from 3ds.guide and did the transfer and tried to reboot and thats when I got the blue light thing

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also no reason I'm aware of to use anything other than Luma3DS, aside from an intellectual curiosity.

In order to be able to help you, I need to know what all you did to your 3DS when you started this misguided adventure.

I had a normal DS but I put the CTR Transfer file from 3ds.guide and did the transfer and tried to reboot and thats when I got the blue light thing
Remove the SD card from your 3DS. Does it boot?
On the SD card, delete boot.firm. Re-download the Luma3DS 8.1.1 boot.firm and put it on your SD card. What happens?

Last edited by Lacius,

xXxSwagnemitexXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's also no reason I'm aware of to use anything other than Luma3DS, aside from an intellectual curiosity.

In order to be able to help you, I need to know what all you did to your 3DS when you started this misguided adventure.
I had my Luma'd 2DS. I copied the CTR Transfer file from 3DS.guide's CTR Transfer bit. I used Decrypt9WIP to do the CTR Transfer but forgot to backup the NANDmini file. After the transfer was done, I rebooted and that is when the blue light thing happened

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my Luma'd 2DS. I copied the CTR Transfer file from 3DS.guide's CTR Transfer bit. I used Decrypt9WIP to do the CTR Transfer but forgot to backup the NANDmini file. After the transfer was done, I rebooted and that is when the blue light thing happened
Remove the SD card from your 3DS. Does it boot? If not, do the following:
  • On the SD card, delete boot.firm. Re-download the Luma3DS 8.1.1 boot.firm and put it on your SD card. What happens?
  • If that doesn't work, delete boot.firm. Re-download the Luma3DS 7.1 boot.firm and put it on your SD card. What happens?
  • If that doesn't work, you might be on A9LH. Delete arm9loaderhax.bin if it's there. Re-download the Luma3DS 7.0.5 arm9loaderhax.bin and put it on your SD card. What happens?

xXxSwagnemitexXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If that doesn't work, delete boot.firm. Re-download the Luma3DS 7.1 boot.firm and put it on your SD card. What happens?
Thank you sir, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Edit: Basically it worked

Remove the SD card from your 3DS. Does it boot? If not, do the following:
  • On the SD card, delete boot.firm. Re-download the Luma3DS 8.1.1 boot.firm and put it on your SD card. What happens?
  • If that doesn't work, delete boot.firm. Re-download the Luma3DS 7.1 boot.firm and put it on your SD card. What happens?
  • If that doesn't work, you might be on A9LH. Delete arm9loaderhax.bin if it's there. Re-download the Luma3DS 7.0.5 arm9loaderhax.bin and put it on your SD card. What happens?
It kept my Custom Theme lol

I have 2 questions now
1. When you replace the H&S app with FBI, why not just install FBI thru the H&S editor
2. How can I install ReiNAND from this point forward

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you sir, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Edit: Basically it worked
Alright, I hope you have learned your lesson. Do not remove B9S. If you want to live the clean lifestyle for awhile, just format your 3DS or something; it will not remove your B9S. You could also just remove illegitimate titles like freeShop, FBI, etc.

However, since you are running Luma3DS 7.1, that means you have B9S 1.0 installed. It is highly recommended that you follow this guide to update B9S to v1.2. Updating B9S to 1.2 is required for newer versions of Luma3DS and other things to work.

I have 2 questions now
1. When you replace the H&S app with FBI, why not just install FBI thru the H&S editor
2. How can I install ReiNAND from this point forward
  1. There's no reason to replace the H&S app with anything anymore. You can just use Rosalina in Luma3DS 8.1.1 to install CIA files. Follow this guide to update to B9S 1.2 and Luma3DS 8.1.1.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Quantumcat

xXxSwagnemitexXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, I hope you have learned your lesson
Yes I have...

It is highly recommended that you follow this guide to install B9S to v1.2. Updating B9S to 1.2 is required for newer versions of Luma3DS and other things to work.
Ok thanks

There's no reason to replace the H&S app with anything anymore. You can just use Rosalina in Luma3DS 8.1.1 to install CIA files. Follow this guide to update to B9S 1.2.
Forgot about rosalina

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Best option: Restore an old NAND backup that you should have taken before hacking the system.

Alternate option: https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer.html

EDIT: After ctrtransfer, you'll still have A9LH/B9S installed. I believe SafeB9SInstaller can remove B9S. You might have to temporarily upgrade from A9LH to B9S if you have A9LH installed, though.

EDIT 2: After restoring the NAND backup, if you don't want to format the system, you may want to pull the battery to reset the clock. Otherwise, Download Play might show up in the activity log as being used for more than a year straight.

Was asking this question myself too ! Actually having an O3DS XL using B9S v1.2 et Luma3DS v8.1 on 11.4 firmware ! So if I correctly understood, I just need to use 9.2.0 CTRTransfer, and once its done and 3DS is back to 9.2 just uninstall CFW using https://3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw to be on a clean 9.2 right ?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was asking this question myself too ! Actually having an O3DS XL using B9S v1.2 et Luma3DS v8.1 on 11.4 firmware ! So if I correctly understood, I just need to use 9.2.0 CTRTransfer, and once its done and 3DS is back to 9.2 just uninstall CFW using https://3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw to be on a clean 9.2 right ?
That is correct. However, why do you want to uninstall B9S? If it can be helped, it's very much not recommended.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Right, just in case one day I need to (to sell it or whatever else), not for tomorrow ! But thanks for your confirmation !

xXxSwagnemitexXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please don't do it otherwise you might get into the same mess as me

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't understand what happens to you, seems like it was boot.firm incriminated but you should have one before (that should be compatible with your hack) so what the deal ? Making a CTRTansfer to 9.2.0 shouldn't change B9S right ?!

Last edited by Kleyon,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't understand what happens to you, seems like it was boot.firm incriminated but you should have one before (that should be compatible with your hack) so what the deal ? Making a CTRTansfer to 9.2.0 shouldn't change B9S right ?!
Ctrtransfer by definition deals with ctrnand, and not the kernel partitions

He probably was on an older B9S version, which as most know is incompatible with certain payloads expecting 1.2 (the same happened just today to my N3DS - nothing except safeb9sinstaller would start, and the console turned off just like if there was no boot.firm)

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Right, but if he was using an older B9S he should had already use Luma3DS 7.1 too ?! oO Correct me if I'm wrong...

Edit : I think he simply delete Luma3DS before... he was talking about changing CFW...

Last edited by Kleyon,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry man I'm glad you got it fixed. This however is a prime example about how people screw themselves even worse (luckily his wasn't that bad) when refusing to be truthful about their issues. If you with hold information, you're not going to get helpful advice and if you do it might not work because you left stuff out. Who cares if someone is going to bash you? Would you rather have a bricked system over pride, or legit help (and a fix) from being honest? I'd choose the ladder any day.

If your engine dies because you forgot to put oil in it but you tell me you have a flat tire, do you think me changing your tire is going to get you moving? Probably not.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY