Hacking How do I burn a Wii disc?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so like I said, I'm new to the mod scene...

I have a 3.3U Wii, and getting a WiiKey soon, and I'm starting to wonder about how to burn discs...

let's say I have the disc, and rip it from the Wii myself... Now, i'm left with a ISO file, but what do i do with it? I know that signer thing got broke with 3.3, so what are the solutions left?

Please be kind, I'm new to this, and have looked around, and haven't found anything relevant to the subject.

Also, I've got a couple of GameCube games, and combined them with GCM, and when I make the ISO, do I still need to sign it, or whatever?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
search button will take you to the center of the forums

Short answers:
1.)the trucha signer is not needed for every game, just the modified ones, so unmodified ripped games will still work,(if you want a ,lets say, modified GH3, it will be trucha signed and you have to boot with gecko os
2.)Gamecube discs cannot be signed by truha

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a wiikey soon too! Anyway, here's what I've gathered in my reaserch:

-Use a program called IMGburn. It's probably the most reliable free disc burner out there.
-With a wiikey, all discs should work, but usually DVD-R or DVD-RW work better than DVD+R or DVD+RW.
-The lower speed you burn it at, the better the results. 4x is usually a reliable speed.
-Don't get the cheapest discs you can find. The more expensive name brands will give you better results.

I hope this was the information you were looking for!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that helps alot... I didn't do any mod's on my GameCube when I had it... only modded my PS2 and Saturn...

So, just burn the games as normal... no need for signing it, or anything like that unless I use Modified games, and since the Homebrew GH clone was just released, I really don't have any use for that anyway, lol

The other reason I wanted to make this topic is there really isn't any one place to get the info, since it's scattered around

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yup, you don't need to do anything special. Just invest in some good verbatim discs or Ritek discs, whatever isn't crap
smile.gif
and use Nero or like most of us Imgburn and just select the iso and burn at 4x or 2,4 x !

If you're insure, use a DVD-RW, they work fine too. I finished Mario Galaxy from a DVD-RW lol

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
I've just ordered a Wiiclip + Wiikey already soldered today, so I should be getting that soon (I hope).

Anyway, just wondering if Alcohol 120 would be a decent program to burn with, since I use that for all my other stuff, PS2 included and it works fine. Also, would the media I use for PS2 be good for Wii?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You have to mod the Wii to read standard DVD R/RW formatted discs. Since there's currently no method of writing the native Wii format to them.

Nintendo also doesn't publicly sell blank discs or burners that are designed to use on Wii games. However, this is true for all consoles.

codone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ImgBurn is free and works 100% Alcohol should also work, but I've never tried it.

There has been threads proving that burning at a slow speed actually causes more errors than if you burn at a middle (or high) speed... It seems to be that, in general, with 12x or 16x media, you should burn at 8x for best results. You would need to test your discs yourself to see what the optimal speed for your burner and media is (using "DvdInfoPro" scan mode). But you should be able to follow the "burn at 8x" guideline and be in great shape (unless you get Buffer Underruns, then slow it down).

Here's a few points you might be interested in:

* Once you burn the Wii ISO out, you can always re-read it in from the burnt disc back to an ISO, and you will get the EXACT (byte for byte) same ISO as you started with. Meaning, you can burn copies of copies, etc., and do not have to save the original ISO in case your backup gets hard to read someday and you want to recopy it.

* Wii and Gamecube ISOs are always the same byte size length (unless scrubbed -- I'd stay away from the scrubbed ones, they are not always compatible with all chips, and may not be in the future on any chip)

* Installing an update from a Wii game that does not match your region will cause a semi-bricked state (which can be fixed with a disc from Bushing, so I've read)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc