InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's pointless and noone is gonna to bother with it...if you want higher attack use better monsters,if you want your favorite monster to have more attack then use spell and trap cards to up there attack/defense problem solved...

D

Deleted User

BloodyFlame said:
He's made several threads about hacking the game already.
So you think he's making random Threads?I would actually agree though...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After PhoenixGoddess sent me a very mean pm that hurt my feelings
cry.gif
, I should care to elaborate. In the case that you are trying to change the base attack and defense points and want the card to reflect it, you will need to change graphics, though the act of changing stats can be rather simple by itself.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the joking tone of "a very mean pm" didn't get across to the person it was meant for, it was seriously a true pm that basically told me that I wasn't being clear enough (in a way, that's what I got out of it but that wasn't the real point of the message). Sorry PG, I meant you no insult
cry.gif

Anyway, maba, start by dissecting the rom with the hex, look for the attack values first. but remember, if you change anything, remember that Hex is in Base 16, which means after 9 you must use the letters A-F to represent 10-15. and then the letters 10 onwards will represent 16 going up.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was a very similar thread the other day in which I replied
http://gbatemp.net/t305239-modding-a-nds-game-on-pc

Short version- there are no graphical tools and no known (although I did not search very hard) simple methods meaning you will have to get lucky or more likely find a debugger how it all works before editing it. You can edit things in a hex editor but it is often extremely difficult to pull off anything truly useful without having first gone through the motions of figuring out how it all works.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beg your pardon?
Since nobody gave you the answer you wanted on a silver platter you feel the need to act ungrateful?

Well we wish you the best of luck!
Thread(s) Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system