How can I use a 8bitdo ultimate controller with hidtovpad?

Trigold97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the past couple of days I've been trying to configure the controller but I can't quite get it to work on hidtest wiiu and pc but there is no luck.

If you have a configuration file or find how to use hidtest to configure that would be nice

Trigold97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I would but it emulates a pro controller but I would like to use motion controls with my controller.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HID-to-Vpad won’t let you use motion controls with other controllers. Maschell tried it out for the DS4 (for which there is a branch of source code on GitHub https://github.com/Maschell/hid_to_vpad/tree/DS4GyroAndTouchtest, but you will need to compile it yourself - please let us know how you get on), but it never worked well enough for incorporation into the main release.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad I found this! So there isn't a way to connect it as of right now until it becomes a release?
it should be possible to connect the controller over bluetooth using Bloopair or wired using HID-to-Vpad. For Bloopair you might need to try different modes to make the 8bitdo report itself as one of the supported controller types. For HID-to-Vpad (either the file you open in the Homebrew Launcher or the Aroma module from Discord) you might need to create a config file yourself using HID_test linked in the wiki or the PC version from the old Network Client.

If you mean connecting the controller and getting gyro to work, then no, it's not currently possible. Maschell is focusing on other projects, and it seems unlikely this function will be included as it didn't work very well with the DS4. If you succeed in compiling and running the branch that included it, please let us know.

Nigeel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Figured Out That It Doesn't Work on Bloopair)

PS: Is there some place where I can get the data/files Maschell used for the Dual shock so it could use motion? Hopefully I can download and modify them so it works with 8bitdo. Otherwise, I might just have to use the mouse I have and start from there.(I'm not a coding type of person so it might be a while lol). Also I may need help figuriing out how to compile it haha.

Last edited by Nigeel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)